Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Gettting Married next month ♥

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Hairstyle......

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

Did my hair run through this weekend!

What do you like better? (I wont have a veil)

Style 1: Side pony with some fly away curls, braid goes over top the head. The headpiece is NOT the one we would use, it would be flat and simple. But that's what we had to hold the place.

here it is from the side/top

Pros: Cool (outdoor wedding in the summer in Texas), very pretty from the front, fits with the hippie vibe we're going for

Cons: Not sure how pretty it would be from the side or behind, the braid is super easy to mess up while moving around etc...

Style 2: Waterfall braid w/ curls.

Pros: very pretty from the back, more classic wedding style, also sticks with the hippie vibe

Cons: Hotter, curls may not hold up as well, kinda plain from the front. 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Replies (11-14):
PaperClip811
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I thought about this-- having it down for the ceremony etc, and then pulling it over in to the pony later at the reception.

*thinking thinking*

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

I would combine 1 front with 2 back, if possible.

DixieL
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I wanted a veil all of my life but when I saw the dress I wanted, it was the first dress I saw there wasn't a veil and the veil just went right out of my mind. My mom made me look at dozens of dresses but always the first dress. I love hair down when getting married To me it's so much prettier down around the face.Congratulations and stay happy with each other for the rest of your life

PaperClip811
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Quoting audreyannasmom:

both are beautiful, but, having gotten married recently, i'd go with number one.

1. #2 you said the curles may not hold up in the heat. yes- I have super fine hair, and the lst two times MIL curled it (shes doing my hair) it held overnight, but it wasnt hot so Im not sure how it will act!

2. #2 as you said is very pretty from the back, but kinda plain in front. Yeah it's pretty, but you cant see the flowers  or anything--

3. #1 you said the braid is easy to mess up, well stick bobby pins in it till it holds, the heat won't ruin them. Good idea :o)

4. MOST IMPORTANT = your pictures won't be from behind. your photographer will not be taking picts of the back of your head. everyone will be taking pictures from the front/sides mostly and they can be taken on the good side, how ever i think the other side will look great too. the pictures are how you will remember your day from now till forever. and believe me you wanna look good :) you want to look back and remember how happy you were. Well, I think some will especially during the ceremony and the first dance and while im getting ready... but with family and during the reception it wont be as much.. I think there would be enough pictures of the back that it would be pretty enough, I just hop the curls dont fall out completely. and I dont have to buy anything else for 2 haha this is a tough decision!

but its still up to you, both are beautiful - just my personal opinion. CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!

PaperClip811
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:20 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN