Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What do you think about breast enhancement and at my age?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am 49 and have never had boobs! I'm a 32 A/B. I've always been horribly self conscious about it and felt it was the only reason I didn't have any boyfriends in high school.  I don't have to worry about sag now at my age, but it would be nice to have a cleavage, even after all these years!  Also, I would have a little more choices in clothes because I am like a 2 shirt and 6 bottoms. No sheath dresses for me!  I don't want anything more than full B or maybe C if it's not too noticeable. My husband says he loves me the way I am, but he's not going to say no to a little bigger, I know he would love it even if he is too sweet and polite to say so. 

My reservations are 1) surgery risks in general 2) would it make breast cancer harder to detect? 3) how would my 15 year old daughter feel about it really? I know initially she would say I shouldn't do it, teens don't want to think about mom's doing such things. 4) Everybody in town talking about what I did (no way around I work for local government in a small town!) Or should I just accept how I am and think nobody including me will care in another 10 years?

So.. any thoughts out there?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ittyprincess604
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I say if thats what you really want, and you can afford to do it, why not?! Its your body!

moniagee
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM
This.

Quoting ittyprincess604:

I say if thats what you really want, and you can afford to do it, why not?! Its your body!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondieof3kids
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I have been on both sides of the fence,  I went on a huge weight loss one year went down to 98 pounds and along w/loosing the weight lost the gf's too, I was so small I had to wear a training bra no shit, I felt so boyist if that makes sense, my then husband liked my new body but also missed the gf's too, I wasn't able to fill out sundresse's that I once did, so, I gained back a little bit of weight and the gf's are back!!!  I like who i am now, I feel like a "woman" you do what you feel is right, and who cares what other ppl are going to think, they don't have to live w/the feelings you do every day and Im sure the ones who will comment are the ones that are either jealous cuz they don't have the guts to do what you did and for yr dd, explain to her the reason and she will understand believe me,  I went through the same w/my dd's too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)