Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 96 Replies

What do you think about large age differences in relationship (if legal ofcourse)? How close in age are you and your SO?

I am 21 almost 22 and DF is 37. We have about 16 years between us and my soon to be step son is only 5 yrs younger than me. Its very odd sometimes lol but hes an amazing person.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thecoffeefairy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM
5 moms liked this
As long as it is for love and not the love of money or some other superficial reson, age is only a number.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MayMommy07
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:07 PM
DH and I are both 30(4 months apart)
I say everyone is different if you are happy and they treat you right age is only a number :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM

i have a problem if there is a big gap. i just dont really think its appropriate.i just think "they were already losing their virginity (or whatever)by the time you were born"

my husband is 28 and im 26, ive also never dated someone more than 3 years older or younger than i am.

MrsCorky
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM
My dh and me are 3 months apart both going to be 25 this year. My best friend is engaged to a guy that is older than her dad lol. He is a great guy and is amazing with her 6 yo son ( he autistic ). He treats them great so who cares how old he is. It is a lil weird that his kids are the same age as us though lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:13 PM

well ive certainly never thought of it that way lol but logical thinking i suppose!

Quoting mcr17:

i have a problem if there is a big gap. i just dont really think its appropriate.i just think "they were already losing their virginity (or whatever)by the time you were born"

my husband is 28 and im 26, ive also never dated someone more than 3 years older or younger than i am.

LokisMama
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Age is just a number.

DH and I are 8 years apart (he's older).  When we were first dating ( I was 18, he was 27), my family freaked out and started calling him a cradle robber, etc etc.  We've been together 8 years now and married 6, and happily so. :D

beeky
by Alexandra on May. 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM
2 moms liked this

My dh is almost 6 years older than me. 

My father was 13 years older than my mother and they were happily married for 49 years. 

drakemom1
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I'm 23 and my df is 35 my youngest 22 months and his oldest is 15, at first it was a little strange, but we giggle about it, I give him crap about his gray hairs and he gives me crap too lol we are deeply in love with each other an that's all that matters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DemocraticMama
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

DH and I are both 29 we are 10 days apart.  I do not believe age in a relationship makes a difference.  I have always liked older guys IMO.  DH is just lucky I knew him in high school.

wink

Wife, Mother, Progressive Christian

TS9509
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM
My DH and I have 19 years between us. My stepson is 8.5 years longer than me lol

Quoting ittyprincess604:

What do you think about large age differences in relationship (if legal ofcourse)? How close in age are you and your SO?

I am 21 almost 22 and DF is 37. We have about 16 years between us and my soon to be step son is only 5 yrs younger than me. Its very odd sometimes lol but hes an amazing person.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN