Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What do you think about large age differences in relationship (if legal ofcourse)? How close in age are you and your SO?

I am 21 almost 22 and DF is 37. We have about 16 years between us and my soon to be step son is only 5 yrs younger than me. Its very odd sometimes lol but hes an amazing person.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Replies (71-80):
56Marmywife1997
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Hubby just turned 40 on April 1st and I will be 41 in November. So 4 months ad 24 days is the age difference. 

MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH and I are 11.5 years apart - he turned 40 in March, and I'm 28. I've always liked my men a bit older; guys "my age" just always seemed incredibly immature to me... Still do, most of the time lol.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

i am three years older then david and 14 yrs older the irish.  It does make a difference as far as maturity goes, as well as what people think are "classics" lmfao..but ultimately i don't think it makes a hill of beans how old someone is or isn't as long as they are legal and you love each other.

Poohy1975
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I'll be 37 on May 9th and he will be 37 on June 18th.

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I think it depends on the couple for some peopel it works and for some it doesnt. I and my husband are a month shy of being 4 years apart. so nothing major. but I dont think I can judge what is going to work for another persons relationship and what wont.

LovableFox
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Absolutely I am so in love i couldn't ask for a better man <3 :D!!!

Quoting ittyprincess604:

lol wow that was alot but he does really sound like a great man and just from what youve said, youre love for one another sounds phenomenal!

Quoting LovableFox:

What's it like? Well he's amazing in every way that's what! He's a scientist with 3 degrees who looks super sexy in a labcoat and has the most beautiful crystalline blue eyes!!! He's an excellent musician who writes his own songs passionate and full of meaning and harmonizes beautifully with his guitar...he cooks like the best culinary artist and makes love so well you'd never believe it has no problem whatsoever getting excited and lasting longer than I can handle a lot of the time when he feels like it he really feels like it!!! he's the BIGGEST down there that I can imagine and really I was a bit afraid at first but he gives me the most amazing orgasms multiple when before I didn't know the definition of the word...he's a genius he always knows what to say to me to make me feel loved and wonderful no matter what....he's a wonderful father I can't believe this is his first child! They're both so beautiful my boys with their blue eyes and fluffy chocolatey brown hair and this perma-tan from his side {Slovakian} I call him my mediteranean man lol and our son is a minature of him! Perfectly looks exactly like he did at that age...but unfortunetely yeah we get a lot of  contemptuous looks from the older folk especially the women because they're jealous honestly they flirt with him thinking he's a great single father or something and then being angry and appalled when they realize he's with me [hand holding or a light peck in public] and that the baby is our son....younger people treat me like I'm a freaking alien or something!!! i have no friends :( so I just feel sad and jaded and have quit caring what people think because they only treat me poorly speak condescendingly or give me dirty looks...and I think $#%@it and just play out the difference because love is all that really matters and I wear bright colors, wild patterns and sexy vintage dresses because I only care that he looks good being with me anymore he wears button downs and nice ties conservative and classy...many envy him some have expressed it like they wanted to experience the early years of their childrens lives or wish they had waited and were with someone younger who has more energy and a lot of guys are so stupid either not understanding or disregarding our relationship and flirting and pissing me off >:{ and even some women...a lot of gays here I guess??? I hate it that people still flirt with me despite my ring and toddler....no respect from the general public and my family were/are complete @$$holes about it but his siblings are cool with it and just happy he finally has someone to love it's kind've ironic each of his siblings are 2 years apart yet their kids are 20 years apart!!! They accept me and anyone that takes the time to know me wouldn't believe I'm as young as I am...they call me an "old soul" and it's just so much education and odd things I've experienced that make me appear so...a pastor only thought we were 20 years apart rather than close to 40 because I have a good vocabulary, and speak eloquently and have dignity, style, originality and personality and good morals...I know a lot for "my age" and learn quickly and we have lots in common I sing acapella and have the same tastes or very close in all categories...we are both fit and very active love to hike and have exceptional diets...he doesn't look his age...a couple faint smile lines so what? His body is amazing in great shape...and he acts 1/20th of his age lol it goes for all boys a boy is a boy with males it doesn't matter: you're not sure if you're dating them or if you've adopted them but either way you love them!!!

Quoting ittyprincess604:

60? Wow thats the biggest gap ive heard of so far. That amazing though that it works for you! You might get this alot, but what is it like? Do alot of people make comments? Hows sex? lol you dont really have to answer that.

Quoting LovableFox:

I think nothing of it. Love is love despite color, gender or number. If your heart's in it nothing matters. No restrictions. I am 21, my love is 60 and it works so don't worry about it. We have a 14 month old son and are completely happy and truly enamoured!!!

ChantalsMom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Dh is 8 years older than me.

Momof2almost
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Age is a number in my opinion.  I am 28 and DH is 27.

kkiphen
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM
My grandparents arr 17 yrs apart. And ne and hubby are 4 1/2 yrs apart! As long as you love him and are treated right i don't see why not love!
Courtney0991
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I don't mind them at all and I'm in one. I'm 20 and my husband is 40.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)