Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What do you think about large age differences in relationship (if legal ofcourse)? How close in age are you and your SO?

I am 21 almost 22 and DF is 37. We have about 16 years between us and my soon to be step son is only 5 yrs younger than me. Its very odd sometimes lol but hes an amazing person.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Replies (81-90):
ccjennings
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM

well my husband is only 15 days older then me :) he just turned 28 on the 30th of april and i turn 28 on the 15th of this month

Soulmate-2-R
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Quoting suziq1982:

For me I would never be with anyone younger then me just because of past experience of no more then a yr younger then me. I also would only go above my age a few years. My husband is 18months older then me and I like it that way. I have seen that a lot of older men who like younger women tend to be very dominant in the relationship and that is why they choose someone younger.

that kind of funny...because my husband is 21yrs older than me and i am the dominate one in the relationship...he is quiet and easy going...and i am the opinionated one and like to be in control....so i guess everyone is different and it all works out

Kenna1212
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:43 PM

age is only a number if your legal lol...dh and i are only 18 days apart=)

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Due9
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM

If it's for the right reasons it is okay. Although, I don't see two people with such an age gap having anything in common. And it would be hard for the woman to stay out of the "daughter" role.

I know this because my sister is married to an older man, and they have nothing in common. It is an ongoing battle for her to stay in the marriage.

cmkahn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM
When I was 23 I dated a 42 year old. The night I met him I made him show me his license because I didn't believe him! He was older than my mom...she was 16 when she had me.

My DH is 9 years older. I like my men a little older. They are more mature and more settled, for the most part!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM

That last part is exactly why i like them too. Long story short, DS's dad passed away and when he did, i was lost. I didnt know how i was going to raise a kid alone, my life and everything i thought i knew and hoped for was gone. DF now is 37, 2 kids of his own. Good job, very responsible. Thats one of the only reasons i even decided to give him a chance, and im glad i did.Hes been wonderful with everything! i couldnt have asked for someone better to raise not only my children, but his together. I cant explain it all lol but its good.

Quoting cmkahn

When I was 23 I dated a 42 year old. The night I met him I made him show me his license because I didn't believe him! He was older than my mom...she was 16 when she had me.

My DH is 9 years older. I like my men a little older. They are more mature and more settled, for the most part!

mommy_to_abby18
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM
My dh is 9 years older than me I'm 23 he is 32. ;) Age is just a number IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AphrexiaX
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

It doesn't bother me. My parents were 14 years apart. My big brother is only 9 years younger than my mom (his step mom).

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I don't think age matters as long as they are truly in love. Well, as long as both are of legal age, that is.

cmkahn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM
So sorry for your loss. When I was a teen I dated guys more my age and when I was in my early 20's I got SO sick of the immature guys that just wanted to go clubbing and party. No direction in life. I guess the fact that I liked bad guys didn't help! Lol! My DH never was into the party scene. He wento college at LSU...one of the biggest party schools...and did go out some but not like the guys I was dating! We met when I was 30 and my DD was 1. He's been wonderful with her and we have a DS together.

Quoting ittyprincess604:

That last part is exactly why i like them too. Long story short, DS's dad passed away and when he did, i was lost. I didnt know how i was going to raise a kid alone, my life and everything i thought i knew and hoped for was gone. DF now is 37, 2 kids of his own. Good job, very responsible. Thats one of the only reasons i even decided to give him a chance, and im glad i did.Hes been wonderful with everything! i couldnt have asked for someone better to raise not only my children, but his together. I cant explain it all lol but its good.

Quoting cmkahn

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)