Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Dirtiest Bride & Groom Ever Get Married in Mud Pit - What's the wackiest wedding you've ever heard of?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM
  • 3 Replies

Dirtiest Bride & Groom Ever Get Married in Mud Pit

Posted by Lindsay Mannering on May 1, 2012 

mudMost brides would be devastated if their wedding dress was covered in mud, but Carina Pasco? She was thrilled. The 31-year-old married her boyfriend Kodie Umphenour, 24, in a mud pit in Florida. Yes, you read that correctly. A mud pit. Carina and Kodie met online and share a passion for mud-bogging, an off-road motorsport that involves loud engines, a little water, and a lot of dirt. Kodie proposed to Carina in the mud pit and they were married a year later in the same location, this time surrounded by very dirty family and friends. Carina wore a camouflage wedding dress and the groom wore blue jeans and a camouflage button-down shirt. Obviously.

The self-proclaimed rednecks said "I do" in front of 1,000 onlookers, and by all accounts, it sounds like one disgustingly beautiful redneck wedding. Yee doggy.

What I like most about this whole thing, besides the camo gown, is the fact that these two really followed their hearts. They made the day all about themselves, and their love, which is awesome. So many people throw a certain kind of wedding to please their families, or to adhere to tradition, and happen to lose a little bit of their personality between the white tablecloths and arranged peonies. But not Carina and Kodie. Getting married in the mud was 100 percent them.

I can't say I expect to ever attend a deliberate wedding in the dirt, but it sounds like it was a ton of fun. Any wedding that involves a sense of humor, true love, and that doesn't require that I wear a dress is my kind of ceremony.

Carina and Kodie might not inspire you to get down and dirty on your big day, but they might, in fact, serve as a nice reminder that love really is all you need.

What's the wackiest wedding you've ever heard of?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sunshine2plus2
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

There are some good ones on "My redneck wedding"

-mrs.mamma-
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM

LOL! that's hilarious

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Proud Group MOD
in the  Love & Marriage  and  Pregnancy  groups!!

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM

That's awesome! My DH would have DIED (in a good way) if I walked down the aisle in a camo dress! Man, now I wish I could do it all over again! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)