My BF and I have been dating just over a year and a half. We're both older (in our 30's). I have a DD 6 yrs, he has full custody of his DD 8 yrs old. They get along great. We were both college students, which is where we met, so for financial reasons he lives with his parents and I live with mine, but we live an hour apart from each other. He graduated last December and went to work. I transferred to a University and have another year of school left. We want to move in together this summer so the girls can start school in the fall.
We used to see each other every day when we went to the same school. Now, with him working 2nd shift, and me going to school during the day, with the demands of our kids, we see each other onlyl a couple hours on Sundays. (His work makes him work Saturdays... every Saturday but one since the beginning of the year and he asked for it off so he could walk in his graduation ceremony).
I miss him so much. My fear is that we'll grow apart. It is so hard to have a relationship with someone when you only see them a couple hours on one day out of the week. And I so desperately want to move in with him this summer so we can spend more time together.
He can't get approved for a mortgage because he's only been working since February (not enough time on his current job). He wants to stay in the same school district that his duaghter is in. I don't mind moving my daughter so much, she's only been going to the school she's in now for one year (kindergarten) so moving her won't be as traumatic as moving his daughter, who has gone to that school for three years.
We can't find a place in the school dristric where he wants to live. His daughter has a lab and no place allows pets. Its a smaller-community and places are hard to come by anyway. I'm growing very very frustrated with the whole process.
Why won't he consider moving to another school district? Does it matter as long as we're together in the end? I'm SO frustrated. And he gets upset with me when I tell him I want to look in another school district. Any advice on how I can handle it? I mean, I respect his decision - where he's at now is a good town and good school. But there are others out there, ya know? I'm so upset about it that I just want to scream. I want to enroll my daughter in a fall sport but don't want to commit to something where we are only to move this summer... but I don't want her to miss out on an opportunity if we don't end up finding a place together. Plus, I need a part-time job while I'm finishing my last year at school - because we live so far apart, I don't know which town to apply to!