Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Pics from cruise

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Our ship, the Carnival Dream & our stateroom, which was on the 11th deck.

Our 1st stop, Nassau, the Bahamas. All we did here was get off, walk to the shopping district at the dock, which were found very unimpressive, the people unfriendly & rather dirty ... we basically turned around after abut 30 minutes (along with the other couple we were with) and went back to the ship.

Next port, St. Thomas. Our excursion could have been a lot better; the tour part was not bad, but the the beach was, again, unimpressive. It was Meagen's Bay Beach & was supposed to be one of the top 10 in the Caribbean; well we've been to way nicer in NC, SC & FL & much cleaner too. The downtown shopping district they took us too, also nothing much in our opinion. Very expensive, & unlike the cruise last year where the prices for sales were great, not so here at all. The place was also quite dirty and the people not very friendly at all. Our cruise last year, the native people at all the ports were very friendly, and the one shopping district we went to off the actual port area was still clean. They were having a power outage, which we learned was a quite frequent thing there, so, there was no getting any lunch. Luckily, during the tour to the beach we saw some nice sceanary.

Our last port was St. Maarten. We all really liked this one; the sceanary everywhere was beautiful, the people were friendly and we picked a great excursion to top it off. Only downfall, part of our excursion was a boat tour - on a flat bottom/open boat - & it started raining about 5 minutes into the tour. It was a really heavy rain too & the people from the top level scrambled down to the lower level. Luckly it only lasted about 10 minutes and then the sun came back out & it was beautiful the rest of the day. The excursion started with a bus tour of both the French & Dutch sides of the Island; the guide was very knowledgable & the island is beautiful. The boat tour also included both the French & Dutch sides. This first one was taken as we were coming into port.

These homes cost $1.8 million plus!!

There were huge sailboats & yachts everywhere, but we thought this one was really cool.

My bff, Diana, & I on the tour boat.

If you look close, that dh up there getting ready to go through the tube ... and come out at the other end ...

A shot of the Lido deck, where the main pool is located and beyond the pool, inside is the huge buffett area. I was sitting in a rocking chair on deck 11 (which is a split deck) when I took this pic, so you're seeing it through the plexi-glass.

The last 'formal' night; dh & with my bff Diana & her dh Skip (the waiters keep pronouncing his name 'Skype' & we now call him that)

1st formal night

I almost forgot ... the towel animals they leave every evening; this is our favorite:

and I even got a hug from Mr. Elephant!!

dingysfamilyFamily and friends are a treasure from this life that we may keep in the next ... Unknown

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Great pics.
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Awesome!! I am actually going on my 10th cruise one month from today! I think my husband is almost as much as me also. It will be our 5 year olds 3rd cruise and the almost 2 year olds first.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE St Thomas! Thats where i want us to retire---on a boat! Your pics are making me want to be there now! Lol! Unfortunately we arent going there this time though. We are going on Allure of the Seas. Weve only ever done RCCL.

Glad you had a great time! How can you not? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Great pics.  Sounds like an awesome trip and thanks for the tips....too bad the first two ports weren't as nice as the last.

DemocraticMama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Great pics! looks like so much fun!

Wife, Mother, Progressive Christian

Gmgej
by Michele on May. 4, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Awesome I LOVE cruising. I was in St Thomas 18 years ago and also wasn't impressed with Megans Bay, but it wasn't dirty at all it was quite pristine. I would have advised you to take the ferry over to St John, there it is amazingly beautiful. Charlotte Amalie is filthy.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on May. 4, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Awesome pics :) looks like you enjoyed yourself!
2lilmamas
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you all had a great time.

lovinmybabyboys
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Love the pictures
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)