Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos Fear the Worst If They Work Together (VIDEO) Do you think it's a bad idea to work with your significant other?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos Fear the Worst If They Work Together (VIDEO)

Posted by Lindsay Mannering on May 3, 2012

kelly ripaKelly Ripa has been on the hunt for a co-host ever since Regis Philbin left Live With Regis and Kelly a year ago, and a bevy of celebrity guests have swung by to lend Kelly a hand. Stars like Neil Patrick Harris, Jerry O'Connell, and Andy Cohen have sat next to Kelly behind the desk, and husband Mark Consuelos has done the job, as well. But, as Kelly revealed to Vanity Fair, fans shouldn't get used to seeing Mark on set. Even though he's a fabulous co-host, Kelly and Mark don't think their marriage could survive if they had to work so closely with each other.

Amen. I mean, I'd rather light myself on fire than work side by side with my significant other.

And that has nothing to do with him, I'd feel the same way regardless of who I was in a relationship with. I know exactly where Kelly and Mark are coming from-- working together is very, very hard when you're in love because your time and your energy become less personal. Independent thoughts become co-dependent ones and the next thing you know, you're sitting silent at the dinner table because you cannot believe that they undermined you at the conference table.

Since I've never worked with anyone I've had a romantic relationship with, I guess I can't really say what I don't like about it, so I'll say what I do like about not working with a significant other.

I like that I can come home and tell stories from work, vent about something that's bothering me, ask for advice, and then move on. I like that I can hear about his day, offer an outsider's perspective, take advantage of his free SWAG, and move on.

I prefer a separation of work and home, if only because I can escape from one by going to the other. They're separate worlds ... and when worlds collide, well, I think we can all picture George's reaction.

Kaboom.

Do you think it's a bad idea to work with your significant other?

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dee24997
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I think it is a bad idea. I love my DH, I love spending time with him, I love texting him all day, but to be in his face all day 24/7?? No way! That's with anyone though...I barely want to spend 24/7 with myself :) so I'd lose my mind with anyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CherryBlossom4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM

My husband and I would be at each others throats if we worked together. Our marriage would not survive that in any way. It would be WWIII up in there!

by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:31 PM
I met DH at work when he was a new manager at a resturant I went back to work at PT for some extra $. I quit a week later after we hooked up. FOrget the fact that I had to so he wouldnt get fired, I couldnt stand it one minute longer! Lol! We did not work well together!

My inlaws work together. And not only that when MIL has to work and FIL doesnt he drives her to and from. Weird weird weird. Everyone needs some space!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I feel like it is a bad idea.

Gmgej
by Michele on May. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I work with my dh and there are times it is a very bad idea, there are times it is really nice. It took us years to get to where we are now.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM

DH and I met at work.  We worked production on different lines but he had to come get the windows from me to put them into their frames.  I loved working with him and miss it.  He'd spend every break with me and we'd send messages across our lines by throwing pieces of wood or paper at each other.

CjEmmemommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM
It depends on the couple. My husband works from home and I stay home as a mom. We spend all day together and still want to go on dates, grocery shopping together and he gets a sitter so I can come to his softball games..
I guess we still like being together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimja
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I guess it depends on the people... My DH and I work together everyday for the last 5 almost 6 years... No only do we work but we play to! We are leased on with Fedex Custom Critical and drive all 48 states plus... We  live in our truck. (so we are close 24/7) We don't get home much most of the time once a month or twice if we can.. But, we have stayed out working for three month. We are seeing the country together; paying bills off; and when money allowes we get a hotel, rent a car and see some sites. So when we retire we have seen it all and get to be home with our grand-kids... As for Kelly and the show.. Once she got on the show I tried to watch it on and off but I don't like her one bit. Maybe she is like a friend of mine, who would never work with her hubby either because she likes to flirt  to much and said if he is there then she couldn't .......

-mrs.mamma-
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

yea, I couldn't do it either! LOL, and we've both expressed that opinion! I like him being able to come home from work and tell me about his day..and I agree that our time together is very valued being that we're apart so much.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Proud Group MOD
in the  Love & Marriage  and  Pregnancy  groups!!

kaitybird
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM

That is one area that hubby and I can do all the time.  In fact we are together all the time really.  He was recovering from knee surgery/meniscus tear from Oct-Jan and we were together 24/7.  It is just something we can and have been doing for the last 19 years.  Yes, there have been times when we are apart for work and what have you's, but we never get tired of being together all the time.

It really depends on who you are and what you 2 can do together, not everyone can do it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN