Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

C'mon ladies. I'm desperate for ideas for hubby's birthday EDIT TO ADD

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

I posted about this in another group, and I got a couple of good ideas, but I need more!

My DH's birthday falls on Fathers Day this year.  He is such an awesome hubby, father and friend and I really just want to do something very special to celebrate him this year.  

The problem is I'm not very creative and so I really can't come up with anything super special.  I thought about a surprise party, but I know my hubby too well and I know that I can't pull it off. I thought of a scrapbook, but I've never made one before and my lack of creativity is a bit of a hurdle.

So, any ideas!  Please?  

Thanks for all of the ideas ladies.  Keep them coming.  I'm starting to be inspired...

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chasitylyn26
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

ok i just did my dh bday last wek , i told him we would have a nice dinner just me and him , then i surprised him with all his friends and family when he got home .. oh i had them park there cars around the corner and it was a big hit he loved it after the party i had him stay downstairs while i got sexy , candles ,rose pedals,soft music , then i told him he could do with me as he pleased lol "it was the best birthday ever" said dh !!!! 

samanthabecker
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
When I do a surprise party for my dh, I go through his fb friends and send them emails from my account, or get email addresses from his email account. I would do his bday party a few days bfore that way he isn't expecting it. The time that I did it he went upstairs for a shower and came down and here were his friends. He suspected nothing it was great. This year I'm giving him a night out of town in july, his bday is june 9. But I'm giving him concert tickets to reba and a hotel room for us. I'm hoping he will like it
LveMy2K1dS
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Mine's b-day is May 30th, he wants an ipad lol

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

If you really want to do a scrapbook, see if there is an archivers store near you. They have great ideas, help you out and even have classes.

I'm taking hubby to a concert that he really wants to go to. :o)

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

My husband would be happy with a six pack and fishing gear.

My safety zone in gifting is sticking to his hobbies.

Rockabillymama4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Get a sitter, take him to dinner then take him home and Give him a sexy party in the bedroom. Guys only think about one thing, he will remember that birthday for the rest of his life. Get a sexy outfit, candles, maybe some other naughty things, give him a lap dance and rock that mans world.

BraesMommy21
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM

If you are a member of living social,always check on there they have lots of nice little romantic escapes at discounted prices.My boyfriend's birthday is also in June and Im taking him to the cabins,we r going horseback riding and whitewater rafting all for under $300!

Sue1605
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

TRy out the online Shutterfly or similar, for making a "photobook". you just upload your photos and choose the number of pages, specify soft cover/hard cover/ leather etc. Then page by page it lets you choose color, background designs, choices of where and how many photos you want in a page. You can put in captions also.
I am not creative either, and can't visualize the end product so it helped a lot to play around with the different options and actually see how they might turn out. It made an excellent photo album. I'm thinking of making another one for our forthcoming 25th anniversary this year.

ameliacaldeira
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM

shutterfly.com does awesome scrap books. everything from you putting the pictures in order and they do the rest to complete control for you. i have 3 of these books and am making on for our new baby

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on May. 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Go camping, fishing trip, go out on a boat, baseball game,
Check out Pinterest they have tons of neat ideas
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)