Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My DH hates Cafemom

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 60 Replies

We were talking last night, and he said something about I do things that irritate him. I asked him to tell me one, and he didn't want to. I pushed, and he finally said Cafemom. He said he sees me on it "all the time." I get on throughout the day for a few minutes here and there. What does your SO think of you being on Cafemom, Facebook, or any other social website? Does he think you spend too much time on it? Does it bother him that you share things about your marriage and family with strangers? Should I stop getting on here for him?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BiPolarMomto3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this
If you enjoy coming here the. Screw him! Lol. My husband hates CM too. He thinks it's stupid, but I am still here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmybabyboys
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM
My hubby does not care. I Facebook and Cafemom. No big deal to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM

DF doesnt really mind. I dont get on alot when hes here, and if i do its while hes playing xbox. He said I seem to be in a better mood the days I get on, because i have like actual adult interaction lol and im not so crazy

HopefulMommy89
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
He hates it; he thinks I'm on my phone too much (which I probably am). :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lolasoul
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM
DH doesn't care. He is usually pre occupied with his own thing to realize how much I am on here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CherryBlossom4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM

My husband doesn't care that I am on here. He thinks it is cool that I have an outlet to chat with other women and to get/give advice where needed.

I was on here for 5 years, left due to a recurring personal issue and someone specific but then came back very shortly. After talking to DH, we realized that there really was no point in me leaving here because it just doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, there are always unresolved issues in that situation.

I blog, CM, FB and Twitter and he doesn't care. I get on a few minutes here and a few minutes there. I leave pages up and come back to refresh them, so it might look like I am in a group often but i'm not. I check something in between homework with the kids or update while on my phone or ipad waiting for dinner. It is a little bit here and a little bit there.

Traci_Momof2
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM

When I bring up stories I have read on CM, my DH just rolls his eyes.  He doesn't really care how much time I spend on here because I get on here when I am at work.  Doesn't affect him.

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this
My DF says are you on your mommy boards? I see you typing angrily over there.. Lmao..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM

He doesn't mind. Sometimes he thinks it's a bit excessive but me being online is no different then him leaving me all the time to go hang out with his friend or fishing.

yourpassion
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM
My dh rolls his eyes too. Sometimes I can't believe he doesn't think something's hilarious. Hahaha...
He doesn't mind though.

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

When I bring up stories I have read on CM, my DH just rolls his eyes.  He doesn't really care how much time I spend on here because I get on here when I am at work.  Doesn't affect him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)