Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

We were talking last night, and he said something about I do things that irritate him. I asked him to tell me one, and he didn't want to. I pushed, and he finally said Cafemom. He said he sees me on it "all the time." I get on throughout the day for a few minutes here and there. What does your SO think of you being on Cafemom, Facebook, or any other social website? Does he think you spend too much time on it? Does it bother him that you share things about your marriage and family with strangers? Should I stop getting on here for him?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Replies (51-60):
56Marmywife1997
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I have Cafemom set up digest for all my groups so I am only on in the mornings while I am waking up and I never share anything that is too personal and he would not be ok with. As for Facebook, I am on it more during the day while he is working then get off my computer when he is home unless we have decided to do our own things. I do not allow my computer time to interfere with my time with my husband. If I was you I would put the work into trying to compromise and come up with an agreeable plan. It sounds like he is feeling a little neglected in the time department. Work with him and you will be amazed at how muc better things will be.

Good luck. 

kaitybird
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM

My husband doesn't mind.  IT is the FB games that bother's him.  I have a few I love to play faithfully and unplugging is hard for me.  :)  Cafemom is an outlet and I love talking, reading and learning new things.  It is a place you can come for input and to vent.  I come for advice on things that I am not always good at dealing with!  So my hubby totally understands why!

Momof2almost
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this

My Hubby thinks its funny.  I told him I couldn't help it I'M ADDICTED, I HAVE A PROBLEM AND NO I'M NOT READY TO FIX IT YET!  Especially with Facebook!  I love to see all the drama unfold!!!!!  It's better than a soap opera.  :)  As far as CafeMom if my Hubby could see some of the things I posted he would probably die!  lol So he doesn't ask, I don't tell.

gmadiane
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM

my dh does not care, he knows its all women 

Poohy1975
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Usually by the time my husband wakes up I'm almost off of it.Pretty much all i do is check my gmail in the morning and read the posts that are sent to it. If i get really bored I'll  go to the home page and read active posts. But pretty much i just "wake up" to CM. But no he doesn't dislike it. As matter of fact he gets a laugh out of most of the things i read to him. (Except when i told him to google blue waffle,lol)

Redwall
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Not at all...I think it's a good outlet for all women.  My husband knows I'm here and he's not concerned at all...he says it's good for me to have women to talk to.

suziq1982
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I don't get on when hubby is around. I only get on when the kids and hubby are busy. My hubby does know that I get on here and talk about him and our relationship. He is glad that I have some communications with other women. I don't have anything negative to say about hubby or relationship anyway so if he wanted to know about what I had to say about him he would be flattered. I wouldn't stop getting on for him but I would not get on when he is around so that you can spend time with him while he is available.

BeckyP.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM
My husband could care less. I tell him about some of the questions sometimes and he always asks "so what was your reply?" Or "what's your opinion on that".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband told me he is happy that I found it. It allowed me to make friends and get advice.

slransde
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
He thinks it's funny I like it so much.....he also thinks a lot of you are crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN