Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this make you mad?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
I just went back to work and I work 11 hour days. I come home cook dinner and deal with out son. My fiances sister lives 5 mins away and 5 nights a week shes is over for dinner. For the past week every night when she leaves, which would normally be our alone time my df calls his other sister whos 12 hours away. They talk a few hours every night meaning if I want even 5 mins alone with him I have to wait up until 12. He told me that its not fair to say he cant call her since its his sis but I really feel neglected. How would you handle this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzy1125
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Well i think calling them every night is a bit much. Is the a way he could comprimise? Maybe call them a couple times a week? Yes i would feel the same way and i would be mad! I hope it all works out for you.
momma2bubbas
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM

It is strange to me that he is so intwined with this sisters. that would piss me off too! tell him  you feel neglected. 

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this

I think he might need to realize that you and his child are his first priority now. Extended family is important and it's great that he is so close with them, but it shouldn't come at the expense of neglecting you or his child. I had a brief issue with this with my own husband in the beginning of our relationship. I didn't necessarily make him choose, but I did make it clear that as his wife I expected to come first.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Agree

Quoting Mommy4000:

I think he might need to realize that you and his child are his first priority now. Extended family is important and it's great that he is so close with them, but it shouldn't come at the expense of neglecting you or his child. I had a brief issue with this with my own husband in the beginning of our relationship. I didn't necessarily make him choose, but I did make it clear that as his wife I expected to come first.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilvsoftball11
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
He stays off the phone while our son is up, usually because his other sister is there. I love them and Im glad they are close I just think spending every night on the phone is a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe there is some other issue between y'all that u don't know about & he don't want to discuss it or something? Or maybe something is wrong he isn't telling you & by talking to his sister or having his other sister over is just a way for him to not have to talk to you & face whatever is going on? Just a thought cause if he was happy with you he wouldn't need to talk to them every chance he got to be alone with you, maybe sit him down & ask him what's the deal & tell him u feel neglected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerzymom
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I was thinking the same thing. They need to talk.

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

Maybe there is some other issue between y'all that u don't know about & he don't want to discuss it or something? Or maybe something is wrong he isn't telling you & by talking to his sister or having his other sister over is just a way for him to not have to talk to you & face whatever is going on? Just a thought cause if he was happy with you he wouldn't need to talk to them every chance he got to be alone with you, maybe sit him down & ask him what's the deal & tell him u feel neglected.

i.heart.myboys
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I'm wondering the same thing to be honest with you

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CherryBlossom4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Talking for a few hours every single night is quite excessive. 

Just sit down and tell him how you feel.

JennPearce
by Jenn! on May. 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM
That's pretty excessive. Then again dh & I don't talk to our siblings that often. I agree that maybe he's doing it because there's something going on. Talk to him momma! It's cool they are close, but all your free time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)