Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My husband is mad at me...

All because i was up talking to my step-fil in the kitchen with the light on at midnight.

Hes screaming at me he wants a divorce and wants me gone tomorrow.

Seriously, he has zero trust for me.
It makes me so sad and upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
amandaxshawn08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM
He wasnt this bad when we got married. It just highly spiraled into a huge thing 2 years after the fact.

The 11th makes 4 years for us.

Quoting LuvCoopins:

You said he has always been that way...meaning you knew he was like that when you married him...no reason to be sad or upset...you knew he was that way...now u gotta deal with it :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeverlyKaye9878
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM
I think it might be time to let him go. You have to trust each other.
Momof5kids84
by Lauren on May. 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

You cheated on him first.  Sounds like his cheating was just tit-for-tat.  Not saying that two wrongs make a right, but you two have totally destroyed any trust that you may have had.  When you truly love someone, you will not cheat on them.  Sometimes, it's hard to realize that what you think is love is actually not.  Having said that, whenever something like this occurs, you have to deal with the crappiness of not being trusted.  That means...doing whatever it takes to win back his trust in you and vice versa.  It may mean cutting yourself off from the outside world for a while and letting him go through your stuff, but I would think that it would be worth it if you really love him.  Also, I don't think that it's weird for you to have sex with him after that....he just wants to have you close. There is no closer that you can get to someone other than sex.  You guys really hurt each other.

vwd_johnson
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Bad relationship. Plain and simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandaxshawn08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM
I didnt cheat first. He did. He was also the last one to cheat

Its been 2 years since i have.
For him, i dont know, but hope for the same.

And i dont have any friends really. Just a few. Its better that way.

Generally after a fight of any kind we have sex. Like saying sorry without words. I do love him. He just has some serious issues.
His are with trust and emotions.
Mine are trust and mental health and phsyical health.

We quit splitting up and started just riding it out after we realized we couldnt get over each other and couldnt move on. So now we just stay together and wait it out and talk it out. Works better that way.

Were not your typical couple. But we make it work and love each other. Despite everything else.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

You cheated on him first.  Sounds like his cheating was just tit-for-tat.  Not saying that two wrongs make a right, but you two have totally destroyed any trust that you may have had.  When you truly love someone, you will not cheat on them.  Sometimes, it's hard to realize that what you think is love is actually not.  Having said that, whenever something like this occurs, you have to deal with the crappiness of not being trusted.  That means...doing whatever it takes to win back his trust in you and vice versa.  It may mean cutting yourself off from the outside world for a while and letting him go through your stuff, but I would think that it would be worth it if you really love him.  Also, I don't think that it's weird for you to have sex with him after that....he just wants to have you close. There is no closer that you can get to someone other than sex.  You guys really hurt each other.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fanci64
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I hope that there are no children involved in the dysfunctional relationship! Wow! You both need to grow up. Ita to bad your going through all this but it sounds as if the mess is of your own making. You new he was an immature, insecure boy and then you cheat on him and think its ever going to be any better? Your in for a rough road if you plan on staying in this relationship. Sometimes you have to learn from your mistakes and move on. Good luck because your going to need it.
MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Seriously??? If my DH did something so childish & disrespectful, I'd pack his things for him.

phrenicfire89
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM
This, seriously. My DH wishes I talked to my FIL more. It would make him very happy to see me in conversation with him late at night, we must be talking about something good. It's important to put in the effort with the in laws, especiay since you live with them!

Quoting .Sugaree.:

sounds like u guys have a very unstable relationship and he probably has deeper issues than u just talking to fil at midnight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvCoopins
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Ohhh I see...have u asked him if he would he willing to try counseling?

Quoting amandaxshawn08:

He wasnt this bad when we got married. It just highly spiraled into a huge thing 2 years after the fact.

The 11th makes 4 years for us.

Quoting LuvCoopins:

You said he has always been that way...meaning you knew he was like that when you married him...no reason to be sad or upset...you knew he was that way...now u gotta deal with it :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilMamaK
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Wow thats a bit much. Sounds like there is no trust in the relationship. Without trust, there is nothing. Maybe its time to let go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)