Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

men and food shopping....never a good mix

I sent my husband to the store to get 3 things for dinner tonight,premade tacos,spanish rice,and nacho cheese sauce...he called me 10X in 5 minutes asking me if that was right kind(he was very very off)i I finally told him just come home and we will go out later and get stuff.

Something that  taskes 10 minutes for me turns in to a hour and half for him just to find one thing.I think he just wants to play dumb casue he acts like hes always never understand what food is or what it looks like...does any of your DH does this to you?it drives me crazy

*my son is in potty trainning today so i didnt want to take him out

Proud momma to Joe and the baby in my belly

toddler boypregnant belly

by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:37 PM

It's the opposite for us! He does most of the cooking, so he knows more about what to buy than I do. If he ever wants me to pick up something at the store, like a certain cut of meat, I usually come back with the wrong thing

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on May. 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Men do that because (the way my DH explained it) they are afraid of messing up and making us mad.  If it were just them, they'd grab whatever because it didn't matter.  But they know when we write down (toilet paper) we're talking about a specific brand and they don't want to mess it up.

Now my DH has been with me to the store enough times that he knows which brands we use and things like that.  I have no problem sending him to the store for stuff.  Actually I do our big monthly shopping and I send him to the store for a quick trip a couple of times throughout the month.

windsails
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Men do that because (the way my DH explained it) they are afraid of messing up and making us mad.  If it were just them, they'd grab whatever because it didn't matter.  But they know when we write down (toilet paper) we're talking about a specific brand and they don't want to mess it up.

Now my DH has been with me to the store enough times that he knows which brands we use and things like that.  I have no problem sending him to the store for stuff.  Actually I do our big monthly shopping and I send him to the store for a quick trip a couple of times throughout the month.

i agree, they really don't know...(most of them, anyway), they call because they don't want to get home with the wrong thing and have to hear it from us and then have to go back to the store to get the right thing, tjeir just guys, and some guys just don't "get" it, they really can't help it...i have learned that from my hubs in the last few years

manamott
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I've never sent my husband food shopping. I KNOW he would get the wrong thing. He gets the wrong thing going through a drive thru with a list. Drives me batty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM

no my dh does good at grocery shopping.

momtolittleones
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Some guys can be like that. I'm extremely blessed when it comes to my dh and shopping. He will do all the Christmas shopping (except for his and my Mom's that I like to do myself) and do all the wrapping except for his gift of course. LOL He also will do all of the grocery shopping and birthday gift shopping when needed. He even buys me treats that he knows I would like when he goes by himself. The other day we were shopping and he knows I love strawberry preserves but don't like to but it for myself so when I went to look for crackers for my little grandson he snuck it in the cart under everything so I wouldn't see it and put it back.

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

jenn75
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM
If Hub goes to the store for me he gets what I ask for but then buys a whole bunch of other crap that we don't need. Mostly junk food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aloysious
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM

If my husband volunteers to go to the store, I have to make him a special list that includes the actual brand name of the product.  So I can't just send him to the store to buy milk, bread, onions, shredded cheddar, mayo.  I have to say I want Organic Valley non-fat milk, nature's own 100% whole wheat bread, Kraft Shredded Cheddar in 4 cup bag, and Hellman's mayo with olive oil.  Otherwise he does what your hubby does-calls every second to ask what to get.

ck1021
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM

My husband went one day to do the weekly shopping because I was sick.  He came home with a bill of almost $300 and there was NOTHING for dinners!!!!!!!!!!!  It was all junk and bull....I was so mad....NEVER AGAIN

Lizz2011
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I think DH acts stupid about some stuff so that he won't have to do it, especially cooking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN