Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Was I wrong to get mad?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 15 Replies

Dh asked me if I wanted to go to a flea market this morning and I said no. About an hour or so later he said he was going to go to a gun club he's trying to join to see if they were open. I told him why not just call first? Save the gas if they aren't? He waited about another hour before he decided to call. Since they didn't answer the phone, I assumed they weren't open, so I was just going about my daily business of making the house tidy.

Without a word, he just gets in the truck and starts to leave. DD was with grandma today, and I had some errands to run, which he knew about, but he didn't ask me if I wanted to go with him. He just leaves. So I run out the door after him as he is backing out of the driveway and I'm waving and yelling for him to just WAIT a sec so I could get in. He looked right at me and just drives off!

When he got back over 3 hours later, I flipped out on him because we're tight on gas, and the gun club was just a mile away from where I needed to go. We've got a quarter of a tank of gas to get him back and forth to work m-f and on wednesday i have to drive him to work, go to the doctors like an hour away, and then pick him up. He argued back that I said I told him I didn't want to go anywhere today. I reminded him, angrily, but not aggressively, that I said I didn't want to go to the flea market but I did have errands to run.

He's been ignoring me for the most of the day, and even got violently mad at me because I took a nap because I was angry. He kicked the bed numerous times before I woke up, and then he accused me of over reacting about the whole thing.

Did I overreact?

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this

tell him to remove the shotgun from his ass and grow up !

catrig
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you reacted a lot better than i would.

trapmommy2
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Ditto, the man is a child.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

tell him to remove the shotgun from his ass and grow up !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I would have flipped out! He sounds like a child. I understand needing alone time and wanting a hobby, but when your broke and have 1/4 tank of gas to last a week, that shit goes out the window.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singletiredmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Why did he drive away when he saw you flagging him down? He needs to grow up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4rugratz
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I honestly think it was a miscommunication...

lezgirl0109
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM
If you don't have money for gas why join a gun club that costs money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheribomb
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM

sounds like you both were acting like children....  first of all, I would have mentioned i had errands to run WHEN i was asked about the flea market.  obviously he was making plans for the day.  running out there like a crazy person probably pissed him off more .  he was all butt hurt because you didn't want to go the flea market with him AND then the gun range being closed.  he was upset & you acting like that set him off more.  sounds like both need growing up to do.. really did a few errands warrant running, screaming & trying chasing down the truck??  

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on May. 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Wow.. no you did not!  He needs to grow up.  He's throwing a temper tantrum (that's exactly what it is) because he didn't get his way and because he got into trouble.  Just..  wow!

nverheyn2011
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

with a 1/4 tank of gas, no money for more... I thought so.

Quoting Cheribomb:

sounds like you both were acting like children....  first of all, I would have mentioned i had errands to run WHEN i was asked about the flea market.  obviously he was making plans for the day.  running out there like a crazy person probably pissed him off more .  he was all butt hurt because you didn't want to go the flea market with him AND then the gun range being closed.  he was upset & you acting like that set him off more.  sounds like both need growing up to do.. really did a few errands warrant running, screaming & trying chasing down the truck??  

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN