Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If you are not married,

Posted by   + Show Post
Why do you call your SO husband/wife? Not directing it at anyone here really.. I have a friend that calls her boyfriend of a couple years hubby and he calls her wifey. Yeah it's suppose to be all cute and lovey dovey.. But I kind of feel like its inappropriate toward the vow of marriage. Yes I know to some people marriage is just a piece of paper. But I feel that if you are not offically married, then you should call that person your boyfriend/girlfriend or fiancée. That's what those Adjectives are there for, right? It never really bothered me till now, don't really know why though..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (51-54):
jackieb2811
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I call my SO my SO lol He jokes and calls me mrs. (insert his last name) which I love and we are going to marry after we buy our home but we are not married yet and I feel the same way that is a sacred thing. To me it is like telling you love someone just to say it with no meaning kwim?

I will call him hubby WHEN we are married! Oh how I cannot WAIT for that wonderful day!!!!!!!!! :-)

Nimil
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:36 AM

i call him my almost husband, he calls me his "little wifey", we are married in our eyes, we just don't have the piece of paper yet :p

tth328
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:01 AM
Lol @ almost husband. That's cute

Quoting Nimil:

i call him my almost husband, he calls me his "little wifey", we are married in our eyes, we just don't have the piece of paper yet :p

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I've never really understood that one either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)