Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

my husband left me and our son in the middle of the night.

Posted by   + Show Post
We are stationed in Fort Bragg, NC. We came to Louisville so he could see his family before he deployed. Well the plan was to leave our son with his parents while we went back to Bragg and then when he deployed I was going to drive back here. He told me he wants a divorce and left in the middle of the night and left me with $100. I don't know if he is going to change his pay to go to a new account or what he is thinking. I still have some stuff in our storage unit in NC. I'm just really heartbroken. He didn't even say goodbye to his son. What kind of man does this? I spent 3 years of my life with him. I hate him :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Replies (31-33):
MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Yes what she said.  My friends husband wanted a separation and kicked her out of their house.  SHe moved back home and had nothing to her name.  After a year she finally told his chain of command and they made him set up an allotment for her.  He is not in trouble but if she were to call his COC and tell them he cut off her allotment then yes he would.  He is stil in the navy.

Quoting MamaJess9:

My DH says you need to talk to his command, and your best bet may be to file for divorce yourself ASAP. Because if he changes his pay to go into an account you can't access, and you haven't done anything legal as far as separation, the Army can't make him give you money while you're married. DH says they will serve him papers and communicate through JAG even while he is deployed.

I realize it's hard right now, and you don't want to divorce, but you need to protect yourself and your child. If it turns out he is just going through a hard time and he changes his mind after he comes home, you can always get remarried.

geronima2003
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM
That's horrible! I'm glad that his family is helping you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monsita
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I am so sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I know you are hurting...............I know you can not believe this is who you married WHO YOU LOVED....I know you are dealing with the pain the best you can!  good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN