Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

After marriage, have you changed your name?  How long were you married when you changed it?  Did you remove you remove or hyphen your name?  If you haven't changed your last name why?

I have been married almost 3 years and I haven't changed my name as of yet, I plan to this summer :) super excited.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Replies (11-18):
Aadensma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I loved my last name. Dh didn't want me to keep it. Oh well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:20 PM

dont you change your name when you get the marriage license? never been married before so i wouldnt know

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM

My name changed the moment we said, "I do".  I did not hyphenate or anything else...I just took his name. 

woodmamma
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM

i think i changed mine like 6 months later..just never went and got it done..thoght about the hyphan but decided against it.

ProudMommy51006
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I am common law married in my state so we haven't officially gotten married (been together 7 years but my dad wouldn't give his blessing until recently). I am torn on the name change issue. My dad has been my dad since I was 3, but didn't adopt me until I was 15. Getting my dads last name meant the world to me. I am proud to be a K___! It took so long to get my dads last name, I don't want to change it. But I certainly want to take my SO's last name. I want to hyphenate it but SO doesn't want me to, he says if I'm not going to just take his name, what is the point if getting married (since we are pretty much married now). So idk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akb300
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
i was married five yrs before i changed my name and i completely dropped my maiden name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM

i was so glad to change my last name, i went from a W last name to an A name.

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I changed my name after we got home from the honeymoon. I completely dropped my maiden name and took his on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)