Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If you could live anywhere...

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 60 Replies

in the United States, which state would you live in and why?

(If you live in a state that is mentioned, tell us if you like living there, and why or why not)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLizyB
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I live in San Diego/Del Mar area and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Schools are great, weathers good, and I'm 2 and a 1/2 miles from the beach
Lyssa0587
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I live in Nashville, TN and I love it here..its beautiful. All of my family is here too, wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I live in the Colorado Springs, CO area and I love it. I seriously can not think of a single reason that I don't like living here. There is so much to do outdoors, it is beautiful, I like the weather (summers aren't too hot, winters aren't too cold), we are near everything that we want to be near.

I lived in Anchorage, AK for years and although it was pretty, I most likely would not go back there to live. It just isn't where I want to raise my family. I have lived in MN, as well. GORGEOUS. Loved it there, but still not sure that I would go back there... it just doesn't have what we want there.

If I had to move tomorrow and could pick exactly  where we were going... I would chose the Oregon area, probably. There are two places overseas that we could move to as a family. But if you're just talking U.S.A, i'd pick Oregon.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM
3 moms liked this

I haven't found home yet.  I don't think there's any place in the world nevermind the US that I would want to settle.  After about a year or two I get bored and it's time to go again.  I have Gypsy blood...

lovebugs0710
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I'd like to move back to Minnesota, somewhere on the North Shore. It's so beautiful and peaceful up there.

We live in Texas right now and I hate it. It's too damn hot. From March to November is summer.

We're moving to Hawaii in less than 2 months. I'm not sure what to expect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arielflagg21
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM

im orginaly from a small town in NY. I never liked it there growing up. I got married and moved with my husband to CO.we lived in colorado springs and I loved it there. The weather is great and the view is beautiful. We lived there about 2 1/2 years before we were moved. We now live in Clarksville TN and I like it here also. Its alittle differnt than Co but its still nice. The weathers great and the kids seem to like it. My husband is in the army and this is the second time he has been staitioned here. he liked being here best. I think we may buy a house here but in the end it just depends on weather or not the army moves us again.

tm88rn
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

California, where we live right now. I've lived all over, and this is by far the best state! Nice weather, beaches, things to do, diversity, great hospitals, great neighborhood, and the entire atmosphere is just amazing.

Taryn

Wife to Brandon 7-2-2007

Mother to Payton Brandon and Benson Michael 5-8-2011, and  Trinity Juliana Hope  5-1-2012

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM
I haven't traveled enough but I enjoyed Florida.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ichthus
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

My dh lived in Hawaii in high school. We've visited three times since we've been married, and we almost moved there recently. His parents live in Kauai, and that's the best island, imo. It's like living in a small town, but it's gorgeous weather and landscape! Oahu (which is where you're probably going) is more like a big city. Lots of people (tourists, of course). We enjoyed visiting, but being white I felt like a tourist, and I think I would feel that way all the time if I lived there. It's very expensive; that's the main reason we decided not to move. Good luck, and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it!

Quoting lovebugs0710:

I'd like to move back to Minnesota, somewhere on the North Shore. It's so beautiful and peaceful up there.

We live in Texas right now and I hate it. It's too damn hot. From March to November is summer.

We're moving to Hawaii in less than 2 months. I'm not sure what to expect.

Ichthus
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Alaska and Minnesota are too cold for my blood! I've been to Minnestoa in the summer, but I've not been to Alaska. I've always heard Colorado is a great place to live. Why Oregon?

Quoting CherryBlossom4:

I live in the Colorado Springs, CO area and I love it. I seriously can not think of a single reason that I don't like living here. There is so much to do outdoors, it is beautiful, I like the weather (summers aren't too hot, winters aren't too cold), we are near everything that we want to be near.

I lived in Anchorage, AK for years and although it was pretty, I most likely would not go back there to live. It just isn't where I want to raise my family. I have lived in MN, as well. GORGEOUS. Loved it there, but still not sure that I would go back there... it just doesn't have what we want there.

If I had to move tomorrow and could pick exactly  where we were going... I would chose the Oregon area, probably. There are two places overseas that we could move to as a family. But if you're just talking U.S.A, i'd pick Oregon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)