Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If you could live anywhere...

Posted by   + Show Post

in the United States, which state would you live in and why?

(If you live in a state that is mentioned, tell us if you like living there, and why or why not)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
CrazyLife1996
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM
I'm a New England girl. I love having 4 seasons. I can't wait to get back there.

I hate living where I am now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ichthus
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Florida is where I would choose to move if I could! I have family there, and I love the Gulf of Mexico, the smell of the ocean, the palm trees...

Quoting ShannaBee:

I haven't traveled enough but I enjoyed Florida.

lovebugs0710
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Yep we're moving to Oahu...My husband is in the Army and has orders for Schofield Barracks. I've heard the weather (temperature anyways) is pretty decent all year round, compared to Texas anyways. We hit 95 the other day, and it's not even summer yet.

Quoting Ichthus:

My dh lived in Hawaii in high school. We've visited three times since we've been married, and we almost moved there recently. His parents live in Kauai, and that's the best island, imo. It's like living in a small town, but it's gorgeous weather and landscape! Oahu (which is where you're probably going) is more like a big city. Lots of people (tourists, of course). We enjoyed visiting, but being white I felt like a tourist, and I think I would feel that way all the time if I lived there. It's very expensive; that's the main reason we decided not to move. Good luck, and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it!

Quoting lovebugs0710:

I'd like to move back to Minnesota, somewhere on the North Shore. It's so beautiful and peaceful up there.

We live in Texas right now and I hate it. It's too damn hot. From March to November is summer.

We're moving to Hawaii in less than 2 months. I'm not sure what to expect.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShyJen
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM
I was born in Colorado springs but moved before I was a year old. I keep getting told its bad and gone downhill so I never thought to go there and see it. It's good to hear its not as bad as my parents say it is.

Quoting CherryBlossom4:

I live in the Colorado Springs, CO area and I love it. I seriously can not think of a single reason that I don't like living here. There is so much to do outdoors, it is beautiful, I like the weather (summers aren't too hot, winters aren't too cold), we are near everything that we want to be near.

I lived in Anchorage, AK for years and although it was pretty, I most likely would not go back there to live. It just isn't where I want to raise my family. I have lived in MN, as well. GORGEOUS. Loved it there, but still not sure that I would go back there... it just doesn't have what we want there.

If I had to move tomorrow and could pick exactly  where we were going... I would chose the Oregon area, probably. There are two places overseas that we could move to as a family. But if you're just talking U.S.A, i'd pick Oregon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShyJen
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I live in Minot North Dakota but would like to live somewhere else. It gets to be too boring here, only so much you can do before you've done it or seen it a million times. I visit Rapid City SD almost every year and I wouldn't mind living there, it's beautiful and so much bigger than Minot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMS803
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I've lived in California, near San Diego, which I loved! I've lived in Colorado, both near Denver and near Colorado Springs, I love being near Denver and hate Colorado Springs...the people there all seem to be rude. I've lived in Nebraska in Lincoln, and it wasn't bad, but it also was pretty dull. I've also lived in Arizona in Tucson, and I hated the heat...rarely ever left the house because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapercakemom84
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:03 PM

i live in tx..i was saying that i'd live somewhere where didnt have much of a winter but we didnt have winter this year...but i love tx, love my texas swang accent lol.

vwd_johnson
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I would love to live in North Carolina. I live in mass now, born and raised and hate it. The weather is terrible, the whole state is way too expensive,and the people who live here are BEYOND rude.

A couple years ago I got up and moved to Virginia Beach with a friend. I stayed for about 10 months or so, but ended up pregnant, so moved home cause I was alone and the dad wasn't much help. I loved VA. The weather was awesome, and the people down there were so so friendly. I couldn't believe it. Only problem was it was too city for me. I missed the trees. North Carolina has the VA weather and people and has the more "country" appeal, but I could always take a quick ride to VA beach !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I live in miami fl and I hate it its to dam hot and boreing.my dd and I are moving to va in a couple of months (I acnt wait to live with the hubby agine) I love it over there its beautiful prople are nice and they have four seasons unlike fl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisBabyGirl0312
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Anywhere away from the in-laws!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)