Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you could live anywhere...

Posted by   + Show Post

in the United States, which state would you live in and why?

(If you live in a state that is mentioned, tell us if you like living there, and why or why not)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (21-30):
Ichthus
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM

You'll love the weather! I don't think it gets over 90 most of the time, and there's almost always a nice breeze off the ocean. I'm not sure most people even have air conditioning; at least my IL's don't. Texas sounds WAY too hot!

Quoting lovebugs0710:

Yep we're moving to Oahu...My husband is in the Army and has orders for Schofield Barracks. I've heard the weather (temperature anyways) is pretty decent all year round, compared to Texas anyways. We hit 95 the other day, and it's not even summer yet.

Quoting Ichthus:

My dh lived in Hawaii in high school. We've visited three times since we've been married, and we almost moved there recently. His parents live in Kauai, and that's the best island, imo. It's like living in a small town, but it's gorgeous weather and landscape! Oahu (which is where you're probably going) is more like a big city. Lots of people (tourists, of course). We enjoyed visiting, but being white I felt like a tourist, and I think I would feel that way all the time if I lived there. It's very expensive; that's the main reason we decided not to move. Good luck, and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it!

Quoting lovebugs0710:

I'd like to move back to Minnesota, somewhere on the North Shore. It's so beautiful and peaceful up there.

We live in Texas right now and I hate it. It's too damn hot. From March to November is summer.

We're moving to Hawaii in less than 2 months. I'm not sure what to expect.

BV88
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM
I've lived in TX, NC, and AK. But I've driven trough and visited a bunch of other states and I would love to settle down in Colorado. The weather is awesome there lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ichthus
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I live in Ohio; why is it no one ever says they want to live in Ohio?!? ;)  I remember when I was a kid, I went out of state on a trip and a kid I met asked me where I lived. When I told him Ohio, he asked "Where's Ohio?"

I like it okay here. We don't have good winters; more slush when we get snow than pretty, fluffy snow. It's usually just blistering cold; the wind goes right through you. I don't really care for winter, but if I could have pretty snow then I would enjoy it more. I like the changes of the seasons most of the time. Ideally, I would live in Florida (or another warm ocean state) year round and visit a snowy state during the holidays.

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I just think it is beautiful there. It also fits our lifestyle of loving the outdoors, walking, biking and the like. :o) 

Quoting Ichthus:

Alaska and Minnesota are too cold for my blood! I've been to Minnestoa in the summer, but I've not been to Alaska. I've always heard Colorado is a great place to live. Why Oregon?

Quoting CherryBlossom4:

I live in the Colorado Springs, CO area and I love it. I seriously can not think of a single reason that I don't like living here. There is so much to do outdoors, it is beautiful, I like the weather (summers aren't too hot, winters aren't too cold), we are near everything that we want to be near.

I lived in Anchorage, AK for years and although it was pretty, I most likely would not go back there to live. It just isn't where I want to raise my family. I have lived in MN, as well. GORGEOUS. Loved it there, but still not sure that I would go back there... it just doesn't have what we want there.

If I had to move tomorrow and could pick exactly  where we were going... I would chose the Oregon area, probably. There are two places overseas that we could move to as a family. But if you're just talking U.S.A, i'd pick Oregon.

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:28 PM

It has grown very much, but I wouldn't say it has gone downhill. Just like any other city, there are it's "bad" parts... which is why I live in suburbia-ville, LOL! It really is awesome here, though. 

Quoting ShyJen:

I was born in Colorado springs but moved before I was a year old. I keep getting told its bad and gone downhill so I never thought to go there and see it. It's good to hear its not as bad as my parents say it is.

Quoting CherryBlossom4:

I live in the Colorado Springs, CO area and I love it. I seriously can not think of a single reason that I don't like living here. There is so much to do outdoors, it is beautiful, I like the weather (summers aren't too hot, winters aren't too cold), we are near everything that we want to be near.

I lived in Anchorage, AK for years and although it was pretty, I most likely would not go back there to live. It just isn't where I want to raise my family. I have lived in MN, as well. GORGEOUS. Loved it there, but still not sure that I would go back there... it just doesn't have what we want there.

If I had to move tomorrow and could pick exactly  where we were going... I would chose the Oregon area, probably. There are two places overseas that we could move to as a family. But if you're just talking U.S.A, i'd pick Oregon.

tinkerbellbay
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM
There are a few lol but we would love to go to Florida were DFs parents are. We live in green bay WI now and I don't mind it.
Xstitchinmom
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:30 PM
I would move back to Dallas, GA near Atlanta. We felt like we lived out in the country, yet we were close to everything. I miss the Southern hospitality too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM
North Carolina.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Truequeen79
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I would have to say Florida love it there it's so beautiful
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:41 PM
We are in NJ and hate it. But all our family is here so we are stuck. Born and raised here. But ive always wanted tonlove in south Fla. Parents have a condo there and dad grew up there so we have been there MANY times. I always ask DH to see if he can be transferred
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)