Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband & Your Family: Do they get along?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:41 PM
  • 85 Replies

Both parties of are of different cultural back grounds. Hence differences in religious view points, political outlook, traditions, etc. What do you do for both parties to get along? Note that both sides have strong personalities and opinions on a lot of different things which causes most of the friction. And how can you avoid getting caught in the middle?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
So so so well! They adore each other! And as close as i am with my family i swear DH wants to go over more than I do! Lol! Its a great situation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:44 PM
My mom worships the ground the guy who knocked up her daughter walks on. (this is what my best friend said lol) I'm 24, my parents are very strict. Almost qui talking to me after my divorce (4 year marriage) and now I'm unwed and preggo with my first... I thought she would kill me... She has baby mania. Says hi to my belly, then SO then me! :(
TrentonGirl
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:45 PM
My dh and my family get along pretty well. Now most of his family doesnt really like me. I just dont pay attention to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurbabe82
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Everyone gets along well. The only one with a strong personality in my family is my dad. You deal with him by rolling your eyes and shaking your head when he's not looking lol and just nod when he is looking.

phrenicfire89
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM
My mom likes my DH more than me, I swear its true. My parents are pretty strict Mormons and my DH is agnostic, my dad is Hispanic, my mom white, my DH Hispanic. I thought it was gonna be tough, but I was very wrong. They respect him a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DemocraticMama
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

My parents love DH, DH loves my parents.  My MIL loves me, hates DH. It is sad that his mother is so mean to him. My FIL died when DH was 10, this is even sadder because he loved his dad.  Our parents have never spent time together.  

Wife, Mother, Progressive Christian

dingysfamily
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Our families get along very well ... I thank God for that!

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM

My family gets along pretty well with DH and vice versa.  We go there almost every weekend.  They are from different cultures but don't really have different outlooks on things. I come from a multi-cultural family to begin with so they are worldly and accepting of other cultures.  DH only began celebrating some holidays since he moved to the US....he didn't do that before.  It's not important to him but he does it for me and DD.  I avoid getting caught in the middle by telling them to settle their differences amongst each other. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 7, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Yes, they do

amanda81919
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
They so don't get along. But know id choose him before them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)