Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you be ok with DH and X-wife working together?

Posted by   + Show Post
So dh's x-wife got a job at our county court and two weeks later she sent us new paperwork on a modification that had to do with the kids. She ended up getting layed off of that job but I think she got fired. Anyhow, now she told dh that she applied for a position where he works, if she got the job she would be working in the administrative offices of the same building my hubbie works in. I trust him but I don't trust her. She texted my hubbie one drunken night of hers telling him how she still loved him (another husband and two boyfriends later). I don't know if anyone has had to deal with the evil x-wife but this one is the devil herself and is never up to any good. This isn't a definite yet but I know with my luck she will get the job. She went on a second interview so I'm sure it will. I also know I shouldn't worry about it until it happens but just the thought makes me mad. What would you do?
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
R.P.Fowler
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:37 AM

If she is still hung up on your husband, how is he dealing with that? I could be wrong, maybe, but it sounds like she's moving in on him.  How is he responding to her actions and how it's effecting you?  Does he seem to recognize her behavior as strange and inappropriate?  I think your dh's reaction would be my main concern.  Ex is supposed to mean over, ended, and done.  It sounds as though she's not. Is your dh? confused It's a thin line.  Good luck.

Gmgej
by Michele on May. 8, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Your dh needs to go to the boss and explain how her working there would be detrimental to the operation of the business. As an employer I can't even imagine hiring an ex of an established employee. 

shyangelmom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:09 AM
I agree

Quoting Gmgej:

Your dh needs to go to the boss and explain how her working there would be detrimental to the operation of the business. As an employer I can't even imagine hiring an ex of an established employee. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supermommyof423
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChantalsMom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM

That won't phase me in the least...she's an ex for a reason. He does not have an ex wife but he and his son's mother speak very well.

Jeanniedoll
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM

No because I wouldn't trust her

Fields456
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM

im my dh's first wife so i dont know how i would feel..  i guess it depends on all the circumstance surrounding their divorce and their current relationship and mine with her. 

mytinydancer
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:56 AM
We both agree we want her to get a job just not with him. I think it's all too fishy. She always talks about being there and being available for their kids but then why would she want to work an hour away from their kids? So now neither one would be available to leave work and be at any of their childrens aid (if needed be) within a few minutes. Dh's only other comment to me was that it's not like he would be hanging out with her or having lunch with her. And when I mentioned her still being in love with him he said he can't help that if she isn't over him but he has long been done with her.
ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:03 AM
My dh doesn't have an ex wife, but I would not be comfortable with his ex girlfriends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)