Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Long distance love -vent

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM
  • 7 Replies
My husband and I have been together for two years and just got married in March. Since last June he has been on the road working and I know he wants to come home, I can hear the frustration in his voice but it's good money and he likes what he does. My frustration is that I am so tired of missing him and feel so lonely when I shouldn't! I'm married! No loneliness! And now we are TTC and how am I going to conceive with him only home every other weekend?!?

I know a lot of people have it worse, especially military wives but I am just so tired of it.

Thanks for listening to my vent!!!!!!!
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lovebugs0710
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You have every right to vent and to be frustrated with him being gone all the time. It doesn't matter what line of work he's in, it's still hard.
My husband has been in the Army since before I met him. We have been together for 6 years, married for 5. We have spent more time apart than we have together. We've only been together for 1 (!!!!!) anniversary, a couple of birthdays, and 2 Christmases. He almost missed the birth of our son, missed our daughter's 1st birthday, and all those amazing "firsts" that the kids go through.
It's hard, I won't lie. But just because my husband is military and yours isn't, doesn't mean I miss mine any more than you miss yours. It doesn't mean you don't have the right to miss him or to complain about him being gone, etc.

I'm sorry he's gone so much, and I hope you are able to get preggo soon. Just stay busy while he's gone, that's the best way to pass the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

You're allowed to miss your dh and vent about it, regardless of his job. And even though money isn't a good enough reason to stay with a job you hate, it's a lot harder to walk away when you like the job and the money is good. Is being on the road a temporary thing? Is there any way of him maybe changing jobs (I know it's not that simple, just asking if its even a possibility). It must be hard ttc when you never see him. I agree though, stay busy, it's the best way to pass the time...

good luck

hope you get your BFP soon!

3rd2bedue
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Hey two go rounds and our first son was conceived! Literally its not that hard for some, try and see! ^_^ lol If its not working, WORK harder for longer. lOL..... hugs

cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I know how you feel my hubby moved back up to va to find a better job (which he found)but bella and I stayed behind in fl till we are able to save $ so we could move up there with him.he has been gone close to 3 months and it hasent gotten any easier.
Like pp said try keeping busy and time should fly for you.
Good luck on ttc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LML1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Does he travel to different places or just going to one location? When my husband and I were dating he traveled for his job. Every other weekend I went to visit him where ever he was and then the other weekends he came to see me.

MrsAmundson23
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Quoting LML1:

Does he travel to different places or just going to one location? When my husband and I were dating he traveled for his job. Every other weekend I went to visit him where ever he was and then the other weekends he came to see me.

For the most part he's in one place but stays at his moms and not only do I not feel like snuggling in his childhood bed but we don't get a lot of time together when I'm there. It's also more of a hassle because we have so many animals it gets costly to board them.

But we try and that's all we can do until the right job comes up in town.
MrsAmundson23
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Just an update. My amazing dh is home! They sent him home to work Sunday. Which, by chance is our fertile week. I couldn't be happier!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)