Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how do you deal with betrayal?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:25 AM
  • 74 Replies

I have made the decision to remove myself and our 2.5 year old daughter from our home to be in a more loving and positive environment. My husband becomes a monster when he is angry. He is careless about what he says and does to me in front of our daughter. I'm tired of the abuse, threats & emotional cheating.  It hurts my heart so much but I just can not be strong enough anymore to hold our family together.  I'm tired of starting over. How do I deal with such a drastic change? I'm a total mess. 

by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:03 AM
11 moms liked this

No one should have to live with a "monster",good for you for finding the strength to leave. Just take one day at a time,put one foot in front of the other,and take care of your daughter,good luck mama,be strong!

LadyStork
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:06 AM
6 moms liked this
One day at a time...I did it.twice. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole6870
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:12 AM
3 moms liked this
Not gonna be a popular answer but if he's not physically abusive and otherwise a decent guy except when angry, maybe suggest counseling. Anger management, parenting classes, etc. I have serious anger issues and DH could have left me long ago, but he didn't. In recent years i've begged to go to anger management classes but we can't afford it so i've researched and am trying to do it on my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:39 AM
You did the first step by removing your daughter and yourself from that negative environment. Of course it wont be easy but take it one day at a time. No one deserve to deal with any type abuse. If possible reach out to family for some type of support.
-mrs.mamma-
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Agree!
Good Luck, hun. Finding the strength and courage to leave is the first step. Just take everything one day at a time.

Quoting Lindalou907:

No one should have to live with a "monster",good for you for finding the strength to leave. Just take one day at a time,put one foot in front of the other,and take care of your daughter,good luck mama,be strong!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Henesy911
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM

The haqrdest part for you is over! Now taking it one day at a time is the key. Start living for you and your daughter making positive changes in your life and learn what it is like to be happy.. Honestly if he loves you and your daughter he will want to get help in all the ways that he can.. when things settle and you can talk to him by phone or in a public place tell him your issues and why you left. Get him to understand your reasoning behind leaving... Best of luck to you and your daughter!

bhow
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I praise you for having the strength and courage to leave him, he does not deserve you two.  I know I've listened to some crap around here but, he never turns into a monster.  Strong enough to hold the family together?  YOU are STRONG enough to KNOW it is NOT healthy to stay!!  Good for you and I will say a prayer for your strength to stay guided.

LML1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM

One foot in front of the other. Do you have support from your other family members?

ksbondgirl
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

By doing what you are deciding to do is the first step towards anything positive.  It will not be easy at first but you will survive and for the better.  Good Luck to you and don't forget to reach out for help if you need it.

Innocencedreams
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have left as well. I don't know how you deal with it. I've never dealt with it from my husband, though I have from family. I just pick up the pieces and get on with my life. It isn't easy, but you survive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)