Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Any Step Mom's or Step Mom's to be in here? **Updated**

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM
  • 23 Replies

I get along pretty well with my son's father and his gf. She's very sweet and great to my son. They also have a son together. They attend all of his tball and basketball games so I see them a lot and talk to her a lot. I actually sent them a thank you card awhile back thanking them each for stepping up to the plate, etc. Off topic..Their son looks almost identical to my son when he was 1 (the age of the boy). It's crazy and he adores my son.

Anywho..does anyone have any ideas of something to her from ds? Not saying that she is his Mom..she is not..only me. But she is a motherly/female figure.

Is there anything you would have appreciated from a step child or a step child to be?

****Update****

Hey Thanks for all of your help, ladies!!  My son made her a card. It said "Thank You for being my friend".  We didn't go with just your random Happy Mother's Day since she is not his Mom..but she is an influence for sure. And I bought her some chocolate covered pretzels to go with it and we put it in a gift bag. I had thought about a gift card but I thought I'd wait until next year for that lol. Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day:)

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Innocencedreams
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Well, I am a stepmother, my oldes isn't my biological child, but I've adopted him legally, and I am the only mother he has, and he is my son. So I don't have any advice, sorry.

RoseBlossom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:52 PM

maybe a card or mothers day is coming up and he could make a mothers day present for her too

raegan1221
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I'm sorry...I forgot to mention this is for Mother's Day LOL/

raegan1221
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM

No problem..thanks for your input though:)

Quoting Innocencedreams:

Well, I am a stepmother, my oldes isn't my biological child, but I've adopted him legally, and I am the only mother he has, and he is my son. So I don't have any advice, sorry.

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
raegan1221
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I had an idiot blond moment and forgot to actually include that I am trying to figure out something for Mother's day LOL. But yeah I was thinking a card and him to make something..I just dno't know what. lol

Quoting RoseBlossom:

maybe a card or mothers day is coming up and he could make a mothers day present for her too

MrsBurrow
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I have been a "step mom" for almost 7 years. My husband has sole custody of his children from his firsst marriage. They are precious!! Even at 16, 17, and 18 they draw or make me things and they've even wrote me letters about how thankful they are for me! I love things like that and that means the more to me then anything could!! juggling

MommyTo5Boys
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I think maybe a handmade card from DS saying why he is glad to have such a wonderful SM in his life!
As a SM I can say that anything from a SK on mothers day means a lot, but something from SK's mom on mothers day saying that she is glad I am her kids SM would be unbelievably amazing! Cudos to you for being such a wonderful person and being able to accept SM so completely!!
I think anything you get SM will be greatly appreciated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nokesmomof2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:08 PM

no idea my step kids are older and then dont reconginize me on motherday and i dont expect them 2 good luck

ShannonRoe
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM
As a SM to 2 kid's, anything from SK or even from u would be awesome. It would make us feel appreciated for the time we spend and how much we love them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeckyP.
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:49 PM
My step-sons are 19, 16 and 14 now but when they were little, they would make me a card or something homemade and I always appreciated it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN