Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would this bug you?!?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 27 Replies

So, I was texting my best friend, who is a male, and straight lol. I have known him since I was 11 and we lived across the street from eachother for years. Well, he text me today and said he got a new phone and asked for a picture of the boys so he had it when I called.

I sent him a picture of the kids and I, and his response was, "They are so cute, and pardon me for saying you are absolutely beautiful!"

It made me feel really good, so I sent the picture to DH thinking I looked pretty good in it... He asked me what was for dinner... It really hurt my feelings. Am I thinking too much??

by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephy87
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM
I might actually be upset too. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SundayXC
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:07 PM

RIGHT! lol, I was all feeling good, thinkin' I looked good... Ugh, lol. Men sometimes. It's like when you get all pretty and look nice and walk out to make your introduction and get, "We're running late" irritating..

Quoting stephy87:

I might actually be upset too. Sorry.

alwaystheresa
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I wouldnt make any dinner. You and the boys go out and be gone when he comes home. That will teach him.

me-n-mygirls
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
it would bug me!
Id bring it up cause I cant NOT talk.
He sure as hell better LOVE whatever is for dinner since he is so hungry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AriMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM
10 moms liked this

DH and I are very sarcastic with one another and also very honest.  If that happened with us, I'd write something back like "Yes I know.. I look good enough to eat in that photo I sent you.  It's ok, you don't need to compliment me.  And I'll have your peanut butter and jelly sandwich waiting for you. Enjoy dinner". 

SundayXC
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I will bring it up. After he text that I told him, burritos, and did you get my picture? No reply... Ugh... I should put on my nasty jammies and throw my hair up in a messy bun and smear my make-up.. He would notice that, ass...

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

it would bug me!
Id bring it up cause I cant NOT talk.
He sure as hell better LOVE whatever is for dinner since he is so hungry!

JennPearce
by Jenn! on May. 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I'm sorry! :( the last few times I have gotten all dolled up for dh it's like I dont exist. I know how you feel & it's frustrating..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you reading too much into it.  I think his reaction was a typical guy thing.  He probably appreciated the picture but was thinking of food....not that you were expecting a compliment.  You were probably already revved up by the compliment your bff gave you which is probably why it hurt your feelings more.  I'm sure your DH thinks you are beautiful despite not saying it this time.

jonellg
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM
3 moms liked this

you're thinking WAY too much IMO

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Quoting jonellg:

you're thinking WAY too much IMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)