Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I am so frustrated with my life and my relationship..

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

I had an abortion around a year ago and ever since my life has not been the same. I feel depressed most of the time and sometime i dont  find motivation to do anything. I am only 20 years old and i should be going to school  to get a degree but for some reason i cant seemed to pull myself to do it. I talk to my boyfriend but there is so much he can do. 

Now i am so pissed at life! My bf got the job i have been wanting and needing for the longest. SInce i moved out of my house, I need a good job and he got it! GRR  I know i shouldnt be jealous of him but i work so hard for my stuff and try to be positive everyday and he doesnt try and he gets it. The position is for pharmacy tech.. i am just so upset and i feel life hates me, God hates, karma is out to get me..im sorry .. i just needed to vent. 

oh and another thing, we got the abortion bcuz we were scared and didnt know what to do..So we could have a life and go to school and move in together...but none of that has happened , we have yet to move in togethe and he keeps post-poning till the end of the year and it pisses me off. Makes me regret the whole thing..

and he is a great guy , so amazing but i dont know how to let go

by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lillybug222
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM
You cannot get through this alone. You need to seek out counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sfigu16
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I know..i have been thinking about it bcuz its seriously slowly killing me.

rmgriffberg
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Depression is a common side-effect of abortions. i would advise you to seek counsoling and if you believe in God maybe talk to someone from church. I am sorry you are going through this :(
Hugs

MamaCat1121
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Honey you need to remember your 20 years old. You have so much ahead of you. Things will come together. I had an abortion when I was 22. I'm not proud of it at all trust me. But it takes time to get passed the depression side of it. Tackle one thing at a time and it will work out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I think you should get into some counceling.

delightfullymom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Good Morning!  I felt so compelled to respond to this post because I think it's important for you to know that God loves you unconditionally!  His grace and mercy are sufficient.  He will forgive you.  However, you have to forgive yourself. 

As someone who struggles with anxiety, I know how difficult it can be to be productive when you feel like you can't even take one step forward.  If allowed, negative thoughts can flood your mind.  I promise you that it's well worth it to seek counseling.  I always say that therapy is the best gift you can give yourself.  My mother suffers from major depression.  When she has those lows, it can be difficult for her to even make an appointment for herself.  Is there someone who can help you find a counselor?  Do you belong to a church? If so, perhaps you can seek assistance from someone in your church.  If not, there are numerous resources online.  

If this all seems overwhelming, just take one step at a time and ask God to help you through today.  Remember not to worry about tomorrow as tomorrow will have worries of its own.  That helps me not to get overwhelmed.  Lastly, I encourage you to ask God for the ability to forgive.  Unforgiveness can be so damaging to you.  Sending encouragement and support your way!  

Innocencedreams
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM

If your abortion is effecting you like this, you need to seek some counseling. Depression is a possible side effect of abortion. I didn't have it, but the clinic where I had my abortion also offered counseling for the depression. You might want to look into it. Or if you ever just want to talk, I'm here to listen. But professional help would be best. 

Kimber1984
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I felt that way, at one time too, hun. Some of the things that I want, I am still waiting for. Patience, I know it is hard. I never thought I would move out of my apartment but, 5 years later and here I am in my own house. It took 5 long years but, it happened. Getting down on yourself wont make the situation better, only worse. Try to take your mind off of those things, somehow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)