Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you feel stuck by being a sahm

Posted by   + Show Post
Hey ladies do you ever feel like you have dreams,but you have to put them to the side because your husband has to work or gets to pursue his dreams.do you ever feel like you never get time for yourself. Never get a day alone. Or your husband never offers to watch the kids. If.so what wouald you do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope, and this may sound crazy to some, but I struggled for years with miscarriages and infertility, having children and a family was my dream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM

not at all, I feel like I am doing the best thing possible for my family.

JennPearce
by Jenn! on May. 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh & as far as dh watching the kids goes.. If I just ask him, he will do it. I forget that sometimes & get mad he hasn't offered but that's on me. He's happy to do it.. He just doesn't force it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brrmom81
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel this way all the time, but at the same time i try to make the best of it. I just hope one day things will be different,

squeekers
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM

bump

cdrekaj
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I am on maternity leave right now and so wanting to go back to work.  This is baby number 4 and 5 for me and I really just want to get out of the house on my own.  I had a few minutes last night bc I had to drop one of my kids off and took my time coming home.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on May. 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I use to feel like that. I did something about though. We moved from ME to NC 2 weeks after DS was born ( baby #2) with NO family or friends. I was in a dark place for about 9 months or so. I was home alone in a new place with 2 kids and I was lonley. My DH would go to work at 9 am and he wouldnt be home until 10,11pm with one day off. I was so
Hard and it still is at times. I knew I had to do something about it and get myself out of the house and socialize. I joined the gym, they had daycare so I could bring my son. I started working out and feeling good about myself again, I got a brake from my kids, I got to socialize with adults and have adult conversations. It's been 2 years since we have been here and Im now becoming an instructor at the gym and I feel great. I never worked out before and I NEVER saw myself wanting to become an instructor. My youngest is 2 and I'm just starting to get into the fitness field and I'm loving it. By the time he's starting school I would like to be on my way to become a personal trainer and learn as much as I can about living a really healthy life and for my family. I have certain goals I set for myself and I'm working on achieving them. Only YOU can change your situation. It's up to you to go after what you want and make it happen. If you want something bad enough you will work to make it happen. Good luck!
Crazy_Mom69
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I volunteer and do my paintings and have many hobbies. Take the kids for walks to the coffe shop and where I want to go. Go to friends homes and spend time there. I am not stuck. I can go back to school, but at this point I don't need to.

Mrs.kurtz
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Yeah! My Husband is pursuing his dreams by working at publix, he is moving up to the top pretty fast. He works all the time too....=( I never get time by myself, have to watch my 6 month old son, i love doing it everyday! I just wish i had another car, so Bryson and I could go places for fun.

Turtledoves
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Not at all. I feel free!

My life goals are being accomplished bc I have time to do them. I want to open a bakery so I practice baking every week. I want to be a successful craft business owner so I craft every day. I want to be a great mommy so I'm the sole caregiver to my baby. I love being a SAHM. It lets me learn things in my fields of interest every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)