Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Our Anniversary (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM
  • 15 Replies

Today is our anniversary.  I hate playing that "drop the hint" stuff. So, I sort of let it go this morning.  Knew I had a long day ahead of me.  Didn't want to make it melodramatic.  So, I'm thinking yeah he'll remember by the time he gets home.

So, we are sitting here almost 11pm.  He says "I have a horrible question to ask you".  I'm like what, he asks me "Is the 12th our anniversary".

OMG, not only did he not wish me a happy anniversary, he thinks its three days from now.  How can I not laugh at that.

sidesplittinglaughter

by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DemocraticMama
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:52 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Wife, Mother, Progressive Christian

hiba84
by Hiba on May. 10, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Happy anniversary.

DH came to me at 10 pm on our anniversary and was like " It's the 19th tomorrow, happy anniversary in advance"!! I replied, after spending the whole day furious that he forgot our SECOND wedding anniversary, " No baby, it's the 19th TODAY"!!

I tried to believe that he mixed the days, he did seem very genuinely shocked about it, but i still doubt it, lol

2lilmamas
by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:04 AM
Aww sorry to hear. I hope he makes up to you.
Innocencedreams
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Happy Anniversary!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on May. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Happy Anniversary!!!  :)

boshs1andonly
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Happy Anniversary! My dh always gets the date wrong. It's 08-07-06 and he always starts 07 and I say wrong! already lol 

tanksgirl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:24 PM

aw happy anniversary

<3 Tanksgirl <3

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM

14 years and counting.

squeekers
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM

i'm sorry he mixed up the days, but happy aniiversary to you. for next year, put something up a month in advanced on the frig or calendar, where he'll see it and I hope he's better next time.

dingysfamily
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm like you, I'd just be laughing!  He at least was in the ball park.  And something must have been nagging at him, even if he didn't realize it, since he at least asked you today!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)