Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what are your kids name?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 144 Replies
What are your kids names? How did you decide on the name
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mojitomommy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Hubby and I went with names we both loves and something uncommon around here.

Kaya Caitlynn , Zoey Maddisyn and Finnleigh Lyric.

newwifenmom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Matthew Alexander. We both liked and agreed on Matt and he loved Alexander.

dingysfamily
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

My bio kids names are:

Matthew Bryan: 1st dh & I named him, a name we both agreed on & liked a lot 

Stacie Lee: 2nd dh & I chose, the middle name is my mother's middle name

My 'other children' - I hate & never use the term step, except at times like this, when I need to answer a question such as this:

Crystal Renee; Melanie Denise Gail Ann; Michael Allen: dh & 1st wife pretty much agreed on the names of all of them except Melanie's  ... his ex added the Gail Ann (middle names of 2 of her sister's) at the hospital, when they brought her the birth certificate & he wasn't there. 

-mrs.mamma-
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Our 3yr old is Jaxon Jon. Jaxon was just a name we had loved for awhile, and it fit with tradition in my DH's side. Jon is my DH's first name, and its also tradition to use Dad's first name as the middle for first borns.
Our 5mo old is Talon Vail. Talon again was just a name we loved. And Vail is after my Grandfather :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Kylie Anastasia.  I just really liked Kylie and I wanted her to have a Russian name so I named her Anastasia after the Russian princess.

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

River is my eldest and he is 9. What can I say? I'm part hippie. ;o)

Abi (Abigail) is 6. One of my favorite characters on a show had the name Abby and when I looked up the meaning, it was perfect. We actually had another name picked out but we ended up liking Abi more.

Eli (Elian) is 4. We had another name picked out for him, too. It was just too popular, though. Elian is a form of Elijah, which we liked but was also too popular. Elian is a version of a family name, too. We call him Eli and it fits him.

Gabriel is 12 months. We really just liked the name. We had ten girl names and ten boy names picked out. We did not know the sex and I wanted DH to pick the baby name but NOT tell me until I gave birth. He picked Gabriel and I LOVE it. It fits our son very well.

Innocencedreams
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Luke Alexander my husband picked. Luke is his best friends name from childhood, who was killed in the line of duty. Alexander is my husband's middle name. 

Caleb Hunter we decided on together. Caleb is my foster father's name, and Hunter is a name that just fit and that we liked. 

JessicaN27
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Our baby girl is Samantha Evelyn. Evelyin is my mother in law's name, and we both just really liked the name Sam.

Currently pregnant with a boy, trying to decide between David, Matthew, Michael, Harrison, and Red. All people important to us

All_Smiles
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Conner James

Kaylee Brynn

Cohen Jace

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Jude Rosser Price.

Jude because I love the Beatles and it's not a super common name (although becoming more so).  I also love that St. Jude is the patron saint of lost causes.  That's very epic to me.  It also sounds good with the rest of his name...

Rosser is a family name passed down from first son to first son.  It's a old Welsh name.

Price because of the obvious, last name.  Also Welsh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)