Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
For those who have been there, either in your current relationship or in the past, how did it end?

Did you get caught? Did you fess up? Or did you just stop and never mention it?

We hear so much about being cheated ON by a man, I'd like to hear more from the OTHER side. This is not a post of judgement. Im just curious as to how these things happen. No one is perfect and I know it's probably hard to share, so if anyone is brave enough to answer PLEASE DO NOT ATTACK them. We could all learn a thing or two here...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I cheated on an ex boyfriend once. To be honest, I have no shame or remorse. Me and this guy dated about four weeks. I realized he was immature, I learned he smoked pot and popped pills and was a major liar. I wanted to end things but he was out of town on a military drill and could not call me. An old guy friend called me up one day and I went over to his house and one thing led to another. The night my ex boyfriend got into town I broke up with him. In my mind I'd already given up on the relationship and it was over for me but I didn't want to do it over the phone so I waited until he got back to town. We didn't date very long so I had no emotional attachments or feelings. And he was always hanging out with girls while I was at work so I justified it with that.

.Sugaree.
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM
How did he find out?
And good luck to you both on working through this.

Quoting ack86:

When we were having a lot of problems, I had been debating if I should leave or not, a friend of ours came ove and spent the night. All of us had been relaxing and drinking in the hot tub after the kids went to bed. DH went to bed because he had to work, and stupidly, I stayed up with our friend. We got so drunk that I can't even remember my husband leaving to go to bed. I still don't remember most of it, but sometimes I'll remember me and him kissing. DH left with the kids for 5 months, and we went to our pastor for counciling weekly for 7 months. I will be working on gaining all of that trust back for the rest of my life. I don't think I can ever gain all of it back, the memory will always be there. All I can do is show him how much I love him and how much our family means to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ack86
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I still don't remember. I wish I could remember.

Quoting .Sugaree.:

How did he find out?

And good luck to you both on working through this.

Quoting ack86:

When we were having a lot of problems, I had been debating if I should leave or not, a friend of ours came ove and spent the night. All of us had been relaxing and drinking in the hot tub after the kids went to bed. DH went to bed because he had to work, and stupidly, I stayed up with our friend. We got so drunk that I can't even remember my husband leaving to go to bed. I still don't remember most of it, but sometimes I'll remember me and him kissing. DH left with the kids for 5 months, and we went to our pastor for counciling weekly for 7 months. I will be working on gaining all of that trust back for the rest of my life. I don't think I can ever gain all of it back, the memory will always be there. All I can do is show him how much I love him and how much our family means to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maemae2012
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:38 AM

About 3 yrs ago I talked on the phone with a guy and met him once in a public place. I never even got out of the vehicle. DF found out by my facebook. I thought I deleted the message but there it was pretty as day when he opened up my mail. I wrote to a friend telling her how good it felt not to argue with someone and just talk. Mind you he was reading a message from a year ago and the friendship wasn't even going on anymore at this point. It felt like the first day to him though. I think the hardest part for him was just reading what I said about someone else. I could never see myself ever hurting him again and I'm very thankful that we have made it through the storm now. We are engaged and he shows me his love everyday, I could not ask for a better man.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Our second year of marriage was really bad and when I found out DH got arrested again (didn't know it was for the same charge) I told him I was done....I wanted nothing to do with him again.  A couple nights later I had a one night stand with a co-worker.  I felt guilty and although I was done with DH I thought he deserved to know.  I met him a couple days later and we talked....I told him what happened and that I didn't want to work things out I just thought he had a right to know.  He said in his heart he already knew (have no idea how) but he was glad that I was honest and he did want to work things out.  So we discussed some more and we weathered the storm.....got our shit together and are now very happy. 

GypsyRayne
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I cheated on my ex with my dh. My ex had an addiction to pain pills, all he did was sleep, he was angry with me and the kids mostly all the time because we would point out to him that he had a problem and needed help.

I worked with dh and we became friends, sort of, lol. We were at a friend's wedding and had a few drinks, nothing really happened that night except kissing. I told him I had to go home. He gave me his # and told me to call him. One day I did.

My ex found out because someone at work called him and told him. When he asked, I told him the truth. I didn't want to be with him any more and told him that also.

It ended pretty badly for me. My ex tried to kill me. He shot me, I was hurt pretty badly and am lucky to be alive.

IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM

In my last relationship with a psychopathic stalker, I cheated first- then he cheated. He found out about me and I admitted to it and said "yea.. what do you want me to do?" (he was my rebound guy from my marriage, i wasnt serious about dating him and he knew this from the beginning) then months later I found out he cheated, he denied it until about 3 months after we broke up.

We were such a healthy relationship. LOL!

Kilahs_mommy_06
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM

It was 2004...When I was dating my ex husband I went to my friends 18th birthday party. We got a hotel and everyone had their bnoyfriends with them, mine was at work and couldn't make it. There were a few girls without dates and a few guys without dates. We all got really drunk and I started making out with the High School hunk who was dateless. We almost slept together but my friend (birthday girl) caught us and talked sense into me and him. He never found out about it. 

In 2005 we got married, had our baby in 2006 and in 2007 our marriage got really rocky. He told me he wanted a seperation. I decided to move and when he dropped me off that the airport, I asked if there was someone else... He said "yes" so I was heartbroken. He told me he never had sex just oral... bla bla bla and that she had a boyfriend too. When I got to oregan I looked her up on MYSPACE (LOL) found her and her boyfriend and told her man what happened. whatever happened to them I have no clue. My husband and I started working on things I came home and things were good for a while but them I cought him texting a number all day everyday so I called it and it was another girl I guess she was emotionally satisfying him and he was doing the same for her. He never admitted to cheating on me with her so IDK but they ended up together after I left him. 

I cheated on my last boyfriend with a co-worker. It was selfish and childish but I was sick of being acused of it so I just made his accusations true. He was so jealous of my girlfriends and always watching every move I made. So, I started sleeping with my co-worker. Me and the boyfriend broke up and my affair with the co-worker last a year. 6 months while with the boyfriend and ended 6 months after our breakup.  I was never caught and had I been caught, I wouldn't have cared. 

We got married 

.Sugaree.
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM
OMG!!!!!! I'm so sorry! Sounds like its a good thing u got rid of him! Is he in jail? Wow

Quoting GypsyRayne:

I cheated on my ex with my dh. My ex had an addiction to pain pills, all he did was sleep, he was angry with me and the kids mostly all the time because we would point out to him that he had a problem and needed help.

I worked with dh and we became friends, sort of, lol. We were at a friend's wedding and had a few drinks, nothing really happened that night except kissing. I told him I had to go home. He gave me his # and told me to call him. One day I did.

My ex found out because someone at work called him and told him. When he asked, I told him the truth. I didn't want to be with him any more and told him that also.

It ended pretty badly for me. My ex tried to kill me. He shot me, I was hurt pretty badly and am lucky to be alive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsyRayne
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM

OMG!!!!!! I'm so sorry! Sounds like its a good thing u got rid of him! Is he in jail? Wow

No he is not in jail. It was a hung jury. Because he was charged with premeditated attempted murder, the sentence would have been life.

They offered him a plea because of this. He only got like 60 or 90 days. I can't remember.

The district attorney said to me and I quote "There is no jury in @@@@ county that will convict a good ole white boy for trying to kill his wife over a hispanic man."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)