Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Just when I thought....

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this
Dh and I have been arguing a lot lately, and last year mother's day was terrible. This year, I was starting to think it was going to be no different. Dh slept till 2pm, no card, no nothing. When I asked him about it, he told me that he hadn't thought about it because we've been arguing so much. A lot of major outside things have been slamming us left and right, both of us are stressed....you get the picture.
He left to get a lotto ticket, and came home with a beautiful card! Then he took me to lunch, bought me a calligraphy book, and a 200 note card pack! Not your traditional gifts (because my hobbies are not traditional by today's standards lol), but these made me very happy. Just when I thought mother's day was going to suck, dh saved the day! Pic of my gifts on the replies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LadyStork
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allensavannahs
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought mine ws gonna suck too, for many of your reasons.. but i got breakfast that HE cooked , and flowers!!!

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay! Glad you had a great day!

ShannaBee
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Well that was sweet.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Aw, I'm glad it worked out nicely for you.

CrazyLife1996
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM
I glad you had a good day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strungoutmom
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

that was nice of him to actually get you something you could use and its part of a hobby you love to do as well. I have not thought of calligraphy in a long time. My mom and I used to do it years ago.

I got the Shark Steam Vac for my Mothers Day. I had been talking about getting one for a long time and he found a good deal on one at our Sam's Club. He gave it to me early sense we were not going to be home on Mother's Day and he knows I would want to check it out right then an there.  I really love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN