Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Boyfriend forgot my first mothers day...

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

Okay guys, My birthday was May 4th, I told my boyfriend (my babys father) that he did not have to get me anything for my birthday because he just paid our full rent on his own and paid for all of our grocries and paid like $250 in necessities for our daughter who is 3 months old. SO i was totally okay with not getting anything, Im not working much right now, so I couldn't afford to give him any money to help out. So, mothers day was yesterday, and he said he wasn't going to come w/me to my mothers that morning because he was going to go out shopping for my gift. I left at 8:30 am, had to be back by 11 so we can leave for the ball game. I came back at 11 as I said and he was still sleeping. So I had started to think 1)maybe he already got me a gift, or 2) maybe im not getting anything.  So, he didn't even give me a mothers day card, for cryin out loud, my 3 month old daughter bought me flowers! (my mom said that my daughter told her last week exactly what colors to put in the bouquet lol).

For his birthday March 19th, I bought him a really nice gun he had been wanting ( this was not cheap either, It was about $700) and I had taken him out to lunch (because he had to work the night of his birthday).

So my question is, would you be upset if you boyfriend/ fiance/ husband forgot to even get you a card for mothers day? I didn't care if I got anything, But a card would have been really nice! Should I mention how I feel to my boyfriend or let it go? Should I still get him something when his first fathers day comes around?

I guess my feelings are a little hurt.. I mean it's my first mothers day.

OHH and can anyone tell me how to update my profile pic?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazyloveforyou
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Ya I was kind of dispoint to. My df didn't get me nothing either. So I know how u feel ,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Here we go again! Why do you expect something from your boyfriend on mothers day? Your mom got something for you from your child, but gifts isn't the point. The point is to have fun and enjoy your time as a momma. After all it is just a hallmark holiday. I didn't get anything but was happy seeing my kids smiling faces when we rode the horses!

MommaChelsea1
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I was not expecting anything until over 1 week ago he said he was getting me something.

2lilmamas
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Sorry but i would.be disappointed. Its not all about material things but the little things. Did he wish a happy mother's day. Did he try make you breakfast or something. Even a card does make a difference. Sorry that your mother's day wasnt as special as you would have liked to be. Hugs
deeds99
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I don't expect gifts or anything... my mom took my 6 year old daughter shopping and she picked something out for me, which was nice.  But my boyfriend didn't even say "happy mother's day" or anything, which disappointed me.  But, i decided to let it go because it isn't that big of deal - plus, we don't live together and he's not my daughter's dad (but I do help him with his 8 year old daughter).  We're moving in together this summer and so next year I'll mention to him before Mother's day that I expect a simple "happy mohter's day, I love you."  As for gifts, I'd rather have kind words or a fun (free or cheap!!) family activity together.

Innocencedreams
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Sorry :(

lruggio
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM

If you are hurt about this, you need to tell him so.  I can just hear what this guy is going to say..."but you're not MY mother"....(yes, I actually heard that from husband #1, what a douche bag, lol)

You and he need to talk about what is important and not so important to you both.  what is important to you may not be to him and vise-versa. You call this man your boyfriend...boyfriend to me, gives the impression that this is a casual relationship.  But there is no such thing as a casual relationship when there is a baby between you.  Have you both talked about what your relationship is going to be? I have a feeling that you both are assuming that each other just "knows" what the other wants or needs and perhaps there is not much of good communication going on.  I think, you two should sit down and TALK.  Define what your relationship is, get it all out on the table on what is important to BOTH of you and decide how you and he will conduct your lives from this point on.  Once you start following through with good communication, things like this may not happen

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM

No, I really wouldn't.   BUT, we've been together a long time and I've had several mother's days.   If it had been my FIRST mother's day, my feelings would have been a little hurt too.

ShannaBee
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I am at the point that holidays are just a day for me. If I get something I get something. If no, I don't mind.

angelachristine
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I would just not do anything for his next birthday or father's day. you can forget too. my dh used to be really bad about that till i "forgot" his days a few times now he's great! Anyway sorry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN