Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I can't stand my husband's driving!

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 26 Replies

OMG I just cannot stand my hubby's driving! Usually I drive when we go somewhere but yesterday he wanted to drive when we went to his Mom's house. He has such a lead foot! And gas is not cheap! It's all I can do to bite my tongue and not say anything. I mean, we would probably spend a lot less in gas if he didn't feel the need to gun it every time he takes off! If I say anything though I'm "nagging" but it's just common sense! It's to the point that I drive the truck and he drives the car because I know if he drove the truck he would spend even more in gas.

I just had to get that off my tongue. If I bring it up to him it will just start an argument. He's not going to change the way he drives so it wouldn't do any good either.

Anyone else that can't stand their hubby's driving?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Not an issue in my house - both of us are damn good drivers.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:12 PM

my hubby is a fantastic driver

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:24 PM

My husband is ok for the most part but if someone makes him mad I hate how he retaliates. It makes me so mad.

Red_Tempest
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:31 PM
The only thing my husband does that annoys me, is when he RARELY forgets to use his turn signal, lol. We're both really good drivers. He's had no accidents our infractions in 4 years, and I (knock on wood) never had any to begin with and never will. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM
My husband will park too fast. It freaks me out. I have severe anxiety in cars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CherryBlossom4
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM

My husband is a good driver, I prefer him to drive when we are together... it's just traditional to me, even if it is silly to others. 

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Lol, no.  DH has a cdl, so i know i'm safe with him.  and his work truck is goverened at 60, so he doesnt zoom around at a billion and one mph anymore.  he is the one that gets fed up with my driving.  i dont even know what it is, but he hates it when i drive and wont let me do the driving unless he is too tired to keep his eyes open.

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM
My husband thinks the road is a race track lol so I do pretty much all the driving when we're together. And he knows that's why! He knows that when I feel his driving is normal the. He can start driving again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traci_Momof2
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I am the same way.  I learned long ago to just bite my tongue and try to ignore it.

He's not bad as in unsafe.  He is very safe.  He just does little things that really annoy me.  He accelerates quicker than I do (burning the gas like your DH does).  He waits longer to brake than I do therefore causing him to brake harder.  If he's following behind someone else, he has this habit of accelerating up, then braking a little, then accelerating up again, and on and on.  It's almost like his foot has to be doing one or the other.  He can't just hang back and cruise along.  I think it's because he gets a little too dependent on cruise control and when traffic is heavy enough that he can't use it, he doesn't know how to cruise along with the traffic at a steady speed.

So yeah, I just try to keep my mind occupied with other things when we drive places together.  BTW, he almost always drives when we are together.  He's not as comfortable being the passenger.

wsv777
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Yes! My dh is so passive its annoying! Then to he tries to rush and tailgates...I can't bite my tongue I say "don't do that while I'm in the car" he then takes it easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)