Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Mother in laws

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:37 PM
  • 129 Replies

Do you like yours or no?

Why?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fairywings1223
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I love mine. She's great and would do anything for us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I adore my MIL and FIL. They are wonderful people. We get along great.

edelweiss23
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I am not fond of mine, but she would never know.  My husband doesn't even know that I am not overly fond of his mother.  I don't care for her because she is always bad mouthing my husband to me.  He is never good enough for  her, she bitches that he doesn't call her enough(he's deployed and can't), she says he will never amount to anything, told me he shouldn't have married me, he could have done better then me, says my daughters will never be family(from my first marriage),  I could go on and on.  It hurts me to hear her talk to badly about her own child.

Red_Tempest
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Mine is absolutely wonderful. :) I love her to pieces.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I like my mother in law but I'm wary of her.  She's been very hurtful to me the first 9 years of DH's and my relationship but in the last two years she's been the most caring and helpful person towards us.  I'm hoping that it stays this way now.

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I like her in small doses. She's nice and we don't have any problems but she's a bit ditsy and I hate repeating myself constantly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I didn't but then when she got sick I had to let it go and take care of her until she passed

SavdNSanctified
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

She's ok. She could stand to be a bit smarter, but she's alright.

AllieJ11
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM
DH's mom passed away when he was 15. But I knew her (I've known DH since I was 9 and he was 7) and she was an amazing woman. I'd give anything for her to still be with us and for her to know her grandchildren...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurbabe82
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My mil is ok. I don't dislike her but she tends to get on my nerves lol. She's the type of person who thinks because she raised 3 kids she knows best about raising kids. And she seems to think I should agree with her with everything lol. Most of the time I just smile while doing a mental eye roll lol. But I can tell there is going to come a time where I am going to have to tell her she had her chance to raise her kids the way she wanted and its my time to do the same. Things she felt ok letting her kids do I just don't feel the same way about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)