Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I traded sex for sleep...what a wonderful newly wed I am....

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM
  • 20 Replies

I feel somewhat guilty...

This morning my hubby's alarm when off at 5:30, he hit snooze. It went off again at 6, he hit snooze again. The thrid time it went off, I was like "honey, I thought you were going to go to the city early this morning." He said he changed his mind and that he will go after lunch. Ok fine.

There the baby between us, because he is teething and wouldn't sleep unless he was snuggled right between us. But I wanted some morning cuddling so I moved to the other side of the baby. I had my back facing DH and we were spooning.

But then DH started putting the moves on. He started giving me the rub down and kissing my neck. So I politely told him while all of that was nice, I was not going to have sex this morning. I just wanted 20 more minutes fo sleep.

And what did my Dh do?

He got up.

I was like; "Baby come back to bed!!! I want you to hold me."

But he decided that he needed to get dressed and make coffee.

UGH Men!

Why can't they be happy with just cuddling??

I had about 3 hours of sleep last night, I was NOT in the mood to have sex. Not to mention I felt gross because I hadn't shaved my legs (but I did when I took a shower this morning).

Before he left to go to work, we did talk and he said he wasn't mad, I will just have to make it up to him later..

by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fgeith05
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I know how u feel. My hubby cant seem to just snuggle either. It has to be all or nothing. Stupid boys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa_Lynn
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Oh we love our cuddle time every night. Its the best time of the day.

Ms.Pteranodon
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM

DH just has to be in the mood to cuddle. This is honestly the first time I have turned down sex...

Quoting fgeith05:

I know how u feel. My hubby cant seem to just snuggle either. It has to be all or nothing. Stupid boys!

Ms.Pteranodon
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quoting Lisa_Lynn:

Oh we love our cuddle time every night. Its the best time of the day.

We haven't had some just us cuddling in a while. There seems to always be a baby or a toddle try to cram between us.. oh the joys of parenthood.

longhorngal
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM

My SO snuggles in the morning.  We've had sex every day now for the past 2 weeks.  This is week 3.  He'll snuggle, put the moves on, we'll do it, then he'll snuggle again.  I'm a lucky girl :)

Ms.Pteranodon
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Quoting longhorngal:

My SO snuggles in the morning.  We've had sex every day now for the past 2 weeks.  This is week 3.  He'll snuggle, put the moves on, we'll do it, then he'll snuggle again.  I'm a lucky girl :)

We do snuggle after sex. And before the baby, we always fell asleep snuggling...

If the baby wasn't 6 inches away from us, and if I hadn't been up all night, and if I hadn't felt so gross I would have been in the sexy mood. But this mronig I just wasn't feeling it.

If we had decided to have sex, we would have had to put the baby in his bed and risk waking him up and not to mention it would not have been up to par with our normal sex because I was just soo tired..

longhorngal
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I hear ya.  We didn't have our after-sex snuggle this morning because we were interrupted during sex by the 5 year old at 5:30 this morning lol   Even sub par sex is good sex to me.   lol  It doesn't have to be mind blowing every time for me, nor do I have to orgasm every time.  I just enjoy the intimacy with him.  It does make it hard, though, with a baby. 

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Quoting longhorngal:

We do snuggle after sex. And before the baby, we always fell asleep snuggling...

If the baby wasn't 6 inches away from us, and if I hadn't been up all night, and if I hadn't felt so gross I would have been in the sexy mood. But this mronig I just wasn't feeling it.

If we had decided to have sex, we would have had to put the baby in his bed and risk waking him up and not to mention it would not have been up to par with our normal sex because I was just soo tired..

Ms.Pteranodon
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM

We have a baby, a toddler and a teen. Surprisingly it is easier to work around the baby and the toddler. We either wait until they go to bed, go home during lunch or turn on tv in the living room. The teen seems to know what is going on and does her best to interrupt, luckily she hasn't been home in a while and won't be coming home for even longer.

Quoting longhorngal:

I hear ya.  We didn't have our after-sex snuggle this morning because we were interrupted during sex by the 5 year old at 5:30 this morning lol   Even sub par sex is good sex to me.   lol  It doesn't have to be mind blowing every time for me, nor do I have to orgasm every time.  I just enjoy the intimacy with him.  It does make it hard, though, with a baby. 

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Quoting longhorngal:

longhorngal
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM

LOL my teenage son would be grossed out at the thought!  He wouldn't want anything to do with that.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

We have a baby, a toddler and a teen. Surprisingly it is easier to work around the baby and the toddler. We either wait until they go to bed, go home during lunch or turn on tv in the living room. The teen seems to know what is going on and does her best to interrupt, luckily she hasn't been home in a while and won't be coming home for even longer.

Quoting longhorngal:

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Quoting longhorngal:

GraceHudson
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)