Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like giving up...

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

*Sorry for the long message*

It's been crazy lately around my home. I am 38 wks +1 day and I have a toddler. Well, I've been going crazy trying to get everything ready for the new baby and have been stressing out and stressing my DH out as well. (Some back story on this before I say my main point) Well, I have had issues this entire pregnancy due to having this one so soon after my daughter(20months). So I have a hard time doing anything without cramping/bleeding/ going into early labor. Well this has put a lot of stress on my DH & I because he has to do everything for me. I am getting closer to having the new baby VERY close and I can't get up for more then 5 minutes to do anything without my stomach getting hard as a rock and my body trying to go into labor. I asked my DH earlier to take the clothes to the washer for me because we live in an apartment complex and we cannot have a washer and dryer in our home and I cannot carry the baskets myself. Well he got mad about it because he was in the middle of playing his xbox. I asked him to do it earlier today and he wanted to wait for a bit and relax. Hmm... well I told him that he'd throw a fit if he started playing and then have to set the controller down to do anything. Of course like I said he threw a fit. When I tried explaining to him that I tried telling him that this would happen and he said it would but after I said that he said, "B**** F you, you lied yesterday" right in front of our daughter.. He does this A LOT when we argue. He talks down to me, calls me names, cusses, ect in front of her ... I will admit I did lie because I told him he could just spend the day playing yesterday but we had a chance to go and get some baby stuff seeing as how I have almost nothing and due anytime so I took the chance. I'm trying to get it to where we have everything for the baby here already since everyone will think they have to have him going with them to get everything instead of spending time with his new baby. He is NOT a bad guy at all I just wish he wouldn't do what he did/does.. This is not an all the time thing at least. But I'm getting so use to it that I'm getting to where I don't even care anymore.. I know this all may be confusing but my brain is a wreck right now. I just needed to vent and someone to talk to. *My family is very judgemental and I really don't feel like I could talk to them*

The day my beautiful little

girl came into this world.

9-16-10... <3

by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
yzaguirre1986
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry that u going threw that! My dh is somewhat like that too! I'm not pregnant yet but I feel ur pain! I actually just wrote a post too! I just don't understand why men are like that! Makes me mad! Well anyways I hope everything turns out better for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MacisMommy91610
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I hate it.. Other than that he is an amazing guy. He doesn't play the xbox constantly he's just trying to finish his game before the baby gets here because he wants to spend time with him/her. Which I can understand but I'm under a lot of stress right now and I need his support and understanding. He apologized for it but it's getting to the point that apologies don't mean anything to me. He even called me lazy earlier becauseI couldn't get up due to hurting too freaking bad and  I asked him to go get me the phone.

The day my beautiful little

girl came into this world.

9-16-10... <3

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
It doesn't matter I'd it doesn't happen all the time... It shouldn't happen at all. He can be an amazing man 98% of the time, but if he tells you to 'F-off' and calls you a b**ch even once, he is taking things too far. Stress can freak people out, but stress does not give him the right to lose it on you and degrade you and do it all in front of yet a child.

He needs to learn to handle his stress better.

You lied to him, it doesn't matter the reason. I'd apologize, tell him it won't happen again, ask him to come up with a plan for the next week as far as getting things ready and stick to it.

I'm not a video game person, but I can see how it could be his way to relax. If he is stressed, let him have that time.

Make sure you have diapers, a carseat and any bottle items if you aren't breastfeeding, you don't need everything perfect and prepared. Don't stress yourselves out, enjoy the last few days of being pregnant and feeling that sweet baby move inside of you.
Pebbles1113
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Im sure he is a nice guy but you cannot give him excuses for him to disrespect you. BTw. You didn't lie to him life plans change in a daily, especially when you have a family. Dont be afraid to make people respect you. I know you love him but then again..... Whats love got to do with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I know he mostly is wonderful but disrespect is disrespect. He needs to chill out and remember you are pregnant and you need more help this time.

He can pause the game for 10 minutes to help you. It isn't like you took a sledge hammer to it.

No you didn't lie to him. You felt good enough to go and get things for the baby. Plans change and he needs to always remember that.

Congratulations on the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyT642
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

i know games are enjoyable, but they are just that....a game. they are not important enought to start fights over. They are not real world issues that effect your daily lives. Games are like tv shows, just something to pass the time when you have nothing important to do. Having clean clothes, meals prepared, etc are the real world everyday issues and should be completely delt with before sitting down to have a "do nothing me time".

Idk how you would go about getting him to understand that, but my BIL is addicted to games and his poor wife can't hardly get him to get up and do anything. Thats no kind of relationship when they put a TV and gaming system between you and himself.

jesusgirl76
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

my dh is the exact same way. If you need to vent you can message me anytime.

MacisMommy91610
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It use to be horrible when we had our first. He still played from the time he came home from work to the time he went to bed at 6 the next morning. Then he didn't have a job for about a month and he didn't help with the housework, baby, anythin. He just kept playing. But since we found out about this new baby he's let up A LOT! He doesn't play NEARLY as much until recently when he got Mass Effect 3. He says he wants to finish it before the baby gets here(which could be at any time!). I keep telling him that he'll have plenty of time to play it after because my mom and sister will be taking care of our toddler. I will be BFing this one also so he will DEF have plenty of time. It just annoys me because we still have SO much to do and this little one can come at anytime now. And same to you! =]

Quoting jesusgirl76:

The day my beautiful little girl came into this world. 9-16-10... <3

And now we're waiting for our 2nd miracle to arrive soon!<3pregnant belly

jesusgirl76
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:31 PM

We just had our second daughter 3 weeks ago. My hubby tells me he has nothing to do so he has to play games cuz he's bored. Hello...a toddler and a new baby...ther's plenty to do lol. MEN, they will never get us :)

Quoting MacisMommy91610:

It use to be horrible when we had our first. He still played from the time he came home from work to the time he went to bed at 6 the next morning. Then he didn't have a job for about a month and he didn't help with the housework, baby, anythin. He just kept playing. But since we found out about this new baby he's let up A LOT! He doesn't play NEARLY as much until recently when he got Mass Effect 3. He says he wants to finish it before the baby gets here(which could be at any time!). I keep telling him that he'll have plenty of time to play it after because my mom and sister will be taking care of our toddler. I will be BFing this one also so he will DEF have plenty of time. It just annoys me because we still have SO much to do and this little one can come at anytime now. And same to you! =]

Quoting jesusgirl76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)