Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband is a pig! help! update!

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:02 AM
  • 42 Replies

so, last night my husband shaved in our master bathroom.  When I went in there right before bed I look down WTH? and notice a HUGE pile of facial and head hair! (he wears the buzz-cut) So I look at him and I'm like "really Mitch? and started to clean it.... He starts bitching and saying that my hair and skin products are always on the counter??? How the hell is that even the same? How would he like it if I shaved my lady-bits and left the hair all over the floor?????It's discusting! I wish he'd just take a damn minute and pick up his mess! I work have a great job and pay all the bills! He had a day off school on monday and so I asked him to do the dishes (we have a dishwasher) and vacuum... I came home and the house was worse than when I left! He said he WAS BUSY PLAYING HALO FROM 7AM UNTILL 2:30!!!! I'm not him or anyone elses damn maid!!!! I pick-up my mess and he's 38 years old !! grow up and act like a adult! I just don't know what to do anymore!!!! HELP!!

update! well he got a job the other day and started last night :) if he's not home as much to mees things up then I won't have as many reasons to get mad! and he's finaaly working!! I'm willing to deal with much more when I'm not the only one working :) so relieved!

by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:48 AM

I came across an article once about husband training.... I'll see if I can find the link.  Heck I might even post it in the group..... found it.... it's actually called "What Shamu Taught me about about a happy marriage"  Here's the link...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/25/fashion/25love.html?pagewanted=all

She makes some good points.

mommynonstop216
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM
My hubby does that too but i told him to at least help me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeriballinger
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM

thanks I'll check it out on my lunch break :)

jeriballinger
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Quoting mommynonstop216:

My hubby does that too but i told him to at least help me

I've told him but he just tries to turn it around on me...

MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM
3 moms liked this

So... Shave you lady-bits and leave the hair for him to find? Or just stop cleaning up after him.  But I've noticed that this laziness is a trend in the women on here with gamer husbands/boyfriends... maybe hide the Xbox till he cleans up and acts like an adult?

yzaguirre1986
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh no! It sounds like ur husband n my husband could be best friends! I know what it feels! I just had a huge argument last night over something like this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeriballinger
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

So... Shave you lady-bits and leave the hair for him to find? Or just stop cleaning up after him.  But I've noticed that this laziness is a trend in the women on here with gamer husbands/boyfriends... maybe hide the Xbox till he cleans up and acts like an adult?

see thats just it! I would never leave something like that just laying round on the freaking floor. And I 've tryed just not giving a crap and not cleaning up after him.. last time his hair was on the floor for a week! how freaking nasty is that? and Ive stopped cleaning at times (went on strike) and he never ever noticed.... after like 4 days he starts bitching about the dirty house! i told him to clean it but he didn't.. I just need some help with things around the house! I work ( he goes to school part-time) and he wont look for a job... he's lazy won't lift a finger except to occasionaly cook dinner. and we have custody of his 10yr old son. I don't want him to grow up thinking this is how things are supposed to be. And i give my step-son chores and his dad doesn't make him do them or he actually does them for him! I just so lost right now! geez..

nicole6870
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
DH foes the same thing. He doesn't even bother to pick up the toys or something first. It drives me nuts!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeriballinger
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Quoting nicole6870:

DH foes the same thing. He doesn't even bother to pick up the toys or something first. It drives me nuts!!

my pomaranian has actually make a nest out of his dirty socks behind our couch! he can't even throw is dirty cloths in the basket that 2 feet away from his side of the bed at night! then gets mad at the dog for chewing all his socks and hats.. I say if you leave your stuff on the floor its fair game for the dog!

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I've noticed that too. I would give him an "allowance" Let him know he can play his game after he does this, this, and this. If he can't manage to do that, get rid of the xbox all together until he can get his act together.

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)