Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He broke her cheek bone.... advice?

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM
  • 3 Replies

So I have a friend we will call her sara... she has a 14mth old lil girl and is in a dangerous relasionship... she hooked up with her bf stan I wanna say a year ago... there relasionship was fine at first but has slowly become more and more abusive and controling... He gets mad when she wants to hang out with friends or if she takes to long walking home from appointments or her adult ed classes.... well our group of friends have tried talking since into her to no end.. she just says its not that big of a deal and shes fine and she needs his income (SSI) to care for her daughter... as of recently it has gotten bad enough where u can' t even wrestle around with ppl infront of her daughter because her daughter will start crying hysterically... I got a phone call last night saying he got her again and this time it was bad... He broke her cheek bone.. along with other injuries/burises... We have tried talking to her... tried to tell her that its only gonna get worse and it isn't safe for her daughter.. we are done to our last resort.. Our friend is gonna stop by there with her case manager today who is also good friends with sara... she is a mandated reporter and was suspesious that abuse was goin on.. now the abuse is all over her face and there is gonna be a report made to CPS and with anyluck they will make her choose... tell her to get rid of her man or they will take her daughter.. I know its harsh but this happens right infront of this lil girl and enough is enough... 

Kinda more of a vent but any advice or imput would be nice... The state has been called on her before for this and it didn't get anywhere because they had no visual reason to believe the abuse was taking place... but we are doin the best we can to get this little girl a happier life...

by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JennPearce
by Jenn! on May. 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I think you are doing the right thing. Seeing abuse like that is extremely damaging to that little girl & she needs to be taken out of that situation. How awful. I hope your friend & her child can get out & get on their feet again without that piece of scum inflicting anymore pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I think you did the right thing....you can't save her but at least you can save the little girl from that terrible situation.....she doesn't have a choice...but her mom does.

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I don't have any advice really, but I think you're doing the best you can. You can't sit by and watch your friend get hurt like that. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to realize how bad the situation is and it's her decision to leave, and if she doesn't, just be there for her in every way you can. I'm sorry she's going through this and that you have to watch it. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)