Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Went to my therapist today....

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

We talked about mine and DHs relationship..  Here lately i have felt like me and DH are more like room mates with a child, than an actual couple.  We don't sleep in the same room and it can be weeks before we are even intimate.  Don't  get me wrong I love him to pieces but I am not happy with where we are. He doesn't try to help me with DD unless I ask, its like he doesnt take any interest in her. He works from 5:30 am til 2 pm and i dont mind that he takes a nap when he gets home from work that is fine. But after he wakes up he starts on the PS3 and just totally ignores DD.  He just recently started acting like this.

My therapist told me today that it sounds like I need a break. Im 23 he is 37, she told me i need to  sit and figure out what I want. She says that it sounds as though i have settled and that I am realizing that I am not happy.

I guess I just needed to get it off my chest, I have nobody around me that I feel comfortable talking to this about.

by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tmmom2
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry mama I am in pretty much the same situation. I am in therapy too. Have you tried talking to dh about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsJHoward
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I seriously don't understand the grown men playing video game thing. It could be worse, but doesn't make it any less irritating. I'm sorry your going threw this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjsmom2010
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I have talked to him til I am blue in the face. He always says the same thing, I will work on it I promise, Ill help out with DD more I promise. I honestly am tired of talking,

CrazyLife1996
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
The I will work on it statement. Been there done that.

I love my husband more than anything but he used to say that all the time. Until I packed my stuff and the kids and told him I was leaving.

He told me he would do anything if I would stay. We sat down and I laid out all my needs and wants. My needs had to be met at all times and my wants are somewhat negotiable.

He expressed his needs and his wants.

He has done everything I have needed from him and fills my wants most of the time.

It is extreme but maybe packing and leaving for a little while will do it. If he wont listen outloud write him a letter.

I hope everything works out for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjsmom2010
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM

thank you. :) I think that is what I will have to do. Nothing else seems to be working

IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry mama! Try sitting down with your DH and re-evalutating your relationship. Get to know each other again. Make him take you on dates. Light a fire back under your relationship. 

Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)