Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to vent

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I love my fiance and he's amazing but lately (ever since our 2nd ds was born) he comes home grumy and rushing all the time. He has to make dinner and he gets pissed off and huffs and puffs around the house....when he's the one who volunteers to cook. then if its not "up to his standards of cooking" then he bitches the whole time.

i hurt my back a couple of days ago so doing house stuff or even lifting the baby is hard for me. I wanted to say thank you to all the stuff he's done lately so i sent him flowers at work (yes I sent him flowers...most guys won't admit to it but they like it too). He just doesn't seem happy anymore. I understand its stressful but your the one at work and i'm home with our two boys all day. You'd think when he comes home he'd be a little more excited to see his kids and soon to be wife. I just don't get it.....you act like a jerk and get so pissed off about stupid stuff then seconds later act fine.

Plus, he bought...well "we" bought this VW Type 3 Squareback (my company makes interior for these vehicles) and all his time is consumed on this thing. He told our 4 year old that its his car and he gets to help but if he doesn't do it "his" way he gets all pissy and yells at him. I've told him he better be patient with him...he's 4...just give him a rag with water and tell him to clean the windows or something. He'll just enjoy it being out there with him. Now one of his friends are coming over...spent $350 on the car (no motor or interior) and now wants to spend $250 on parts for the motor...we just had our baby 2 months ago and he wants to spend all this money on stuff.

ugh would just be nice to have him come home and act happy to be here and not upset when he walks through the door. and yes i've told him this....didn't change anything. I'm going to try and talk to him again....maybe a different approach will help.

ok don't when my venting...thanks cafe mom! lol

by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Perfect.Pixie
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Have a nice talk with him before you all go to bed. Calmly express your feelings. See how it goes from there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brlee1115
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes you've got to stop him, look at him square in the face and tell him that you love and appreciate him for all he does. Tell him you understand he's under a lot of stress, but it's not fair to take it out on the kids or you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I sounds like you both need a vacation! Hugs, it will get better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KColeman90
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Quoting brlee1115:

Sometimes you've got to stop him, look at him square in the face and tell him that you love and appreciate him for all he does. Tell him you understand he's under a lot of stress, but it's not fair to take it out on the kids or you.

Yes!

mrs.LOVE-JONES
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You both need some time to relax! Hes stressed your down right now! Its time to GET AWAY!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)