Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Roller coaster marriage...headed for divorce...2 toddlers included :(

Posted by   + Show Post
I need advise big time. I have no friends at all in this town. I've lived here for 6 yrs. now, moved here, following my husband, who at the time was my boyfriend for only 6mo. But we had known each other longer. We've been married almost 5 years, have a cozy home, almost out of debt..(due to him being veryyyyyy CONTROLLING with money...his latest deal...took my debit card, and gives me an allowance if needed. The best thing he gave me, my TWO boys, Brayden who is 3 and Noah who is 2. They are 15 MONTHS APART!!! (homemade twins). I love them with all my life and more, which is why I need to figure out if divorce is going to help at all...is it better for kids to be in a home where daddy yells at mommy, calling her "b" words and making her cry...(not that I'm innocent) or do we get this divorce over with and do it while they are young. :/ HELP HELP!! Really need a friend, would love if I could find someone local who can eventually be a best friend. I miss that. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:45 AM
Replies (31-35):
QUICASANOVA
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

im so sorry your in this situation all i can say is pray to God about it, hope all goes well with you

Lovemusic0811
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM
If its broken completely and theres no hope then I would get a divorce..... Be happy dont keep being sad.... You can chat with me anytime:-)
peridotesky7
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Any fighting infront of kids isn't good, I think we all know that, but especially calling names isn't either. It's teaching our kids not to respect others. I have been guilty of arguing with my husband infront of my kids, and my husband and I have weathered quite a few rough patches in our 12 years together (4 married). I think I would have to know a little more about your situation to really give you any useful advice, though. Like, is your husband controlling in every aspect or just money? Is he stingy with money cuz maybe he grew up without much and is concerned for the familys financial well-being? Do you love your husband? I live in Cincinnati, I'm not far from you at all. You can PM me any time I will gladly give you any advice I can or just tell you my opinion. Good luck hun, I know how it feels. I'm a stay-at-home mom so leaving isn't an option for me at this time so I stick it out , but I still do love my husband so its worth it right now.

Str0ng3rMom
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:01 AM
Yes I've heard. Not helping. Because I've given up. I can't be unhappy anymore. Ever since I moved my whole life here away from my family and friends, I've been on depression Meds, and just keep getting worse because of the way he treats me! I love him, but he's not who he was....or maybe I'm not the naieve little girl I was back then. 💔
Str0ng3rMom
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN