Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does it bother your DH/SO?

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM
  • 81 Replies
My DH is starting to get some grey and it bothers him. Both his dad and his brother started losing their hair in their 20's. My DH didn't lost his but did start getting grey. When he doesnt shave his entire chin area is almost white. I never knew it really bothered him until last night. He literally stood staring at himself in the mirror for 10mins saying he hates it because he is only 32. He said he will keep his hair short (military short) because of it. I said who cares it happens to everyone he said well you dont have any and you are older. I am 5 months older than him. I have never in 16 yrs seen him self concious about anything before.

Is this how most men are?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MakinBabies
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM
5 moms liked this

I love the salt and pepper look. It's very sexy.

Strega
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:03 AM

My Husband has had the Salt & Pepper going on for about 5 years now, he's 36. I love it! It doesn't bother him at all.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

sbreece
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Tell him to dye it. His hair not his beard. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mudfishzgirl
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I agree I love it too. DH doesn't like it if I (lol or his mother) point it out but he doesn't obsess about it. At least not that I have ever seen. He's not one to really worry about his looks though.

Quoting MakinBabies:

I love the salt and pepper look. It's very sexy.

roxanna79
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:24 AM
I did and he said no that is what girls do. Lol

Quoting sbreece:

Tell him to dye it. His hair not his beard. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebekahmuse
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I think it depends on the man. My hubby is pretty concious about the way he looks so it'll probably bother him when he starts going grey...

Trixi.VonLace
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:27 AM
My DH is gonna be 35 in August and is salt and pepper (more pepper than salt, but not for long LOL!) It didn't bother him at all till some teen kid was hitting on me at the mall, we thought it was hysterical! Until he asked my dad (DH) if he could take me out that night lmao! Now it bothers him, he wants to color it but I love his grey, I told him it was up to him but know that I love it and him regardless. He hasn't colored yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLilPeople
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:23 AM

My husband has copper red hair and has some grays and it is thinning.  It's not too noticeable, but he definitely minds.  Then I remind him that I'll think he's hot even if it all falls out and he gets a HUGE belly.  :)  He doesn't really care... it's just the aging he minds.  Time goes by too fast.

beaularson91
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Yes my husband is 26 and has grey hairs he dyes it so much so people don't see it
Rose87
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:32 AM
My dh is 32 y/o. He has been going salt/pepper since his late 20's. Even his beard is turning grey in some areas. He hates it as well but I tell him I love it. He said he hates it because he's so young. He also keeps his hair cut short so it is "less noticeable". He's also going bald and keeps it short to hide the bald spot.

I love him either way and find his salt/pepper and balding self SEXY.

I guess men are just as self conscious as women.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)