Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

At a loss as to what to do ...

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

My husband and I have been married since Sept .. we had our first child in April .. He's been outta work since Aug 25th and I've been out since Sept 20th .. We've been staying with family so that's how we've been getting by .. but today my mother told me that I needed to tell my husband to get a better group of frineds and to find a job ... I was dumbfounded .. for one, yes i may not like ALL his friends, but it's not like they do drugs or are in and out of prison .. no they are just stupid .. 

Im not my husbands keeper .. Im not going to tell him who he can and can not talk to .. and as for a job .. HE"S LOOKED!!! I've LOOKED .. THere is NOTHING in our area .. :( all of his 'friends' have found jobs, but it's because they know someone .. and he's tried to get on with them .. but of course that shit never works .. 

I don't know what to do .,. except leave my parents house and go back and stay with dh's parents. :/

help..advice..anything??

by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wannab3ang3l
by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Are there any programs in your area that can help? Section 8? WIC? Low income? Cash aid? If you go through Medi-cal as insurance a lot of times they can point you in the right direction for services that you may qualify for. As for the job search have you tried going through an unemployment or temp agency? As for telling him about his friends. If you don't feel it's neccessary to tell him to get new ones then don't. It's your marriage and as long as your comfortable with who he hangs out with then thats all that matters.

IansMommy2012
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM

We have wic for the baby .. I have a medical card for the hospital bills. so that part is taken care of .. i mean we have food on the table and a bed to sleep in .. but it's the job thing that gets to me .. yes hes looked .. granted here recently he hasnt looked near as much .. but what can i do ? the temp services say, well we can find you a job for a shitty amount of pay, and for only about 2 months if your lucky . :( which really sucks, because then what r u gonna do after that 2 months and we've lost all our assistance because of it ... 

As for his friends i tolorate them .. i dont care about them .. its a what ever .. 

Quoting wannab3ang3l:

Are there any programs in your area that can help? Section 8? WIC? Low income? Cash aid? If you go through Medi-cal as insurance a lot of times they can point you in the right direction for services that you may qualify for. As for the job search have you tried going through an unemployment or temp agency? As for telling him about his friends. If you don't feel it's neccessary to tell him to get new ones then don't. It's your marriage and as long as your comfortable with who he hangs out with then thats all that matters.

kimsamomof3
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Both of you should be hitting the pavement from sun up to sun down. If you have to work at taco bell them do it. I agree with your mom. And maybe he should stop " hanging with friends" stil be can get a job and support his family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wannab3ang3l
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe just take the temp agencies offer sometimes those positions can turn into permanent employment. Even if it doesn't it still looks good on your resume when applying for other jobs and sometimes when you go through a temp agency they have other positions open that you could possibly apply for

IansMommy2012
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM

That just it, he doesnt 'hang' with his friends. he had one friend stop by to see the new baby .. that was it ..

Quoting kimsamomof3:

Both of you should be hitting the pavement from sun up to sun down. If you have to work at taco bell them do it. I agree with your mom. And maybe he should stop " hanging with friends" stil be can get a job and support his family.

ShannaBee
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:06 PM

She sounds like she is tired of the living arrangements and helping out.

IansMommy2012
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM

that's what i told my husband a lil while ago .. so i think we are gonna leave .. 

Quoting ShannaBee:

She sounds like she is tired of the living arrangements and helping out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)