1) If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
2) If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay....
3) Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.
4) Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from ...heartache
5) Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be.
6) Slower is better.
7) Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy.
8) If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve, then heck no, you can't 'be friends.' A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.
9) Don't settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.
10) Don't stay because you think 'it will get better.' You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
11) The only person you can control in a relationship is you.
12) Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't take responsibility when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?
13) Always have your own set of friends separate from his.
14) Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you; if something bothers you, speak up.
15) Be aware that healthy relationships are built on trust, and that trust takes time to develop. It may be unwise to share too much of yourself and about yourself too quickly. (See 6 above)
16) You cannot change anyone else's behavior. Change comes from within.
17) Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are, even if he has more education or a better job. And don't ever make him feel less important than you are either.
18) Do not make him into a quasi-god; he's a man, nothing more, nothing less.
19) Never let a man define who you are.
20) A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.
21) All men are NOT dogs.
22) You should not be the one doing all the bending...compromise is a two-way street.
23) You need time to heal between relationships...there's nothing useful about baggage... deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.
24) You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you...a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals...look for someone complimentary...not supplementary.
25) Dating is fun...even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.
26) Allow him to miss you sometimes...if a man always know where you are all the time, and you're always readily available to him - he may take you for granted... remember that you have your own life to live which may not always include him.
27) Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't listen to you and try to meet your needs.