1) 30 mins outside NYC
2) small town feel. Lots of Italians
3) mostly Republican--very rare in NJ which is a main reason I love it! :)
4) very low crime rate
5) hhmmmmm..........let me get back to you about another one......
Quoting BiPolarMomto3:1. It's small 2. Low crime 3. Home of the Slate Valley Museum 4. Home of Maple syrup 5. In the Adirondack Mountains
Quoting diamondsetter:1) there are no stop lights
2) it is the largest by area, but smallest by population in the county
3) our town fair is called The Bean Soup after a group of soldiers during the Civil War camped here and the local people made enough bean soup to feed over 200 of the soldiers. It's been a tradition every year since to make the bean soup to feed the town.
4) it is 64% woodland, 35% farmland, 1% other-non-urban (whatever that means)
5) we have one bank and one gas station. No supermarkets, stores, or anything like that. It is a 25 minute drive to the nearest grocery store or Walmart.
Connect with CafeMom:
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family
© 2014 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Already Joined? LOG IN