Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not ready! I never will b *update** update again**

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM
  • 23 Replies
To loose my grandma. She's in the ICU on life support. (In and out of the hospital for 4months straight) however she's been on life support for a week now due to technically dying in a cat scan (code blue- paddles shocked hEr back). She is my mom in all sense of the word. She raised me, been there through the good and bad. She was the 1st I told for both babies. I call her when I'm happy, sad, mad.. She is my mom! (I have a mom too but I'm way closer to my grandma-mom's mom) today @ the hospital her eyes were open and she looked @ me. She can't talk, she has a tube down hEr throat but past day they had the sedation low so she can nod yes/no. When she saw me she kept trying to talk, she was trying to say, "I love u" she put her hand on her eye, heart, and then touched my hand took a while to figure out she took a while to do each, but meant the world. All I do is cry..

** update ** my grandma's brother passed away today. RIP Uncle Sammy Okun! One more angel looking over grams! You lost ur battle with cancer, but ur no longer in pain! Go be with aunt shirley, mimi and papa!

*** Update ***
The lord took my grandma 5-25-12 @ 7:35pm. She will forever be in my heart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaitlynherring
by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I'm so sorry. :(

Monsita
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 2:33 AM

im sorryI know how hard it is to lose someone we love a lot.....I feel your pain!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on May. 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM

(hugs)  I'm so sorry sweetie.  

jenn75
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM
I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taynhannahsmom
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I am so sorry :( I hope you have support, and lots of love around you right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Papoose65
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I can feel your pain, I lost my grandma several years ago to cirrhosis of the liver. She and I were very close. I spent the last couple months of her life at her bedside, literally. She refused to let my hand go until her last breath. It was incredibly painful to watch her but I'm so fortunate to have  had those last months with her.

I miss her every day, more and more. I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers and if you want to talk, please feel free to email me...

imspikesmom
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM

im so sorry. i miss my gramma every day. this post made me cry. i was relieved when mine passed bc she had no quality of life at the end, but i still feel sorry for myself. i found out on her first birthday after her death that i was pregnant with my first child. she is still with me.

2bkayleesmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Yes, she is on dyalsis, cirrhosis(sp?) Of the live, congetive (sp?) Heart failure.. She's diabetic and it caused all the above. Its the hardest thing I've dealt with well, my baby being in the nicu is there too. She has only seen my son 3x cuz she has been in the hosp since my baby shower :(

Quoting Papoose65:

I can feel your pain, I lost my grandma several years ago to cirrhosis of the liver. She and I were very close. I spent the last couple months of her life at her bedside, literally. She refused to let my hand go until her last breath. It was incredibly painful to watch her but I'm so fortunate to have  had those last months with her.

I miss her every day, more and more. I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers and if you want to talk, please feel free to email me...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Papoose65
by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM

*hugz* nothing really helps the pain right now, but every moment spent with her now will help you in the future... I have lots of pictures of my grandma and I look at them all the time, remembering the good times, laughs, making homemade apple butter (she made the worlds best)... each memory is more precious every day

CrazyLife1996
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM
I'm sorry. I have been in your shoes. A couple of weeks ago I found out my SF has 4 different types of cancer and 2 are stage 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)