Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Meet-Up group question

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi! Ok, have a question for you. What's your opinion on meet-up groups? I'm thinking about starting one in my area. With my DH's work schedule and me being a stay home mom, we really don't have many opportunities to meet other married couples with children that share our same interests. What do you think? =)

by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i joined meetup.com in 2007. it was for SAHMs with young kids.  i happened to get in on a group with the majority of kids all being my DSs age at that time.  5 years and more babies later we no longer are on meetup we are friends that still see eachother 2-3 times a week,  we have vacationed together and do all sorts of things.

i think its a great idea, but my advice would be to try toget moms and families with children your childrens age.  

for us there were about 10 of us with 2007 babies some 2006 and some were due in 2008.

CameronsMommy23
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM
I joined a play date group in my town over 3 yrs ago. That group met for play dates and moms night out. I made some really good friends there and we split off into our own group. We've been a group for a yr now. We talk online most days, we meet once a month at least for Mom's night out, and do play dates. It was a great way to make friends for me and my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on May. 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I think it's a great idea for SAHM's.
MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I've never tried it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN